PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the report! (Aug 18th)

Malorian
05-08-2010, 14:56
Well went in for a game yesterday and no one had the balls to play against me, BUT the bunker owner said he would have a game with me when I come back from vaction in two weeks on Aug 18th.

It's going to be a 5000 point game and I assume it would follow the regular missions/setup.

For his side I'm fairly certain he is going to use dark elves... why? because he's pumped to use 4 hydras :eek:

For my side I could use the following armies at 5K in 8th:

-Lizardmen
-Ogre kingdoms
-Dwarfs

Out of the armies the one I would want to use the least is ogre kindgoms, I think lizardmen would do the best, but I'm puting it up to a vote!

So vote for the army you want to see the battle report with!

Djekar
05-08-2010, 19:58
It was tough for me to chose between "vanilla" lizards and dwarves, but in the end I figured that lizards fighting dark elves was a bit more characterful. Any way you slice it it promises to be a bloodbath. Enjoy!

Toshiro
05-08-2010, 22:02
Ogre Kingdoms, I don't want to see Mal slaughtered, but I do want to see 4k ogres have a rundown with 4 hydras :D

Seabo
06-08-2010, 01:07
I also kinda want to see Ogres...just because I want to see how well they'd do at that point size.

The Blue Guy
06-08-2010, 06:03
Ogres. Definitely ogres. Not to see you get beat up but rather to see a large ogre army in 8th edition. I can see the potential in a big ogre force; even though dark elves are far from an ideal match-up.

SevenSins
06-08-2010, 08:02
ogres! lets see what the gnoblar horde can do in 8th

Malorian
06-08-2010, 12:38
Awww maaan... ogres? :( Why did I even put them on the list... :o

Ok ok... well unless there is a sudden flood of votes going the other way I guess I better start putting together a 5k ogre list :p

YTY
06-08-2010, 14:30
Ogres!

Let us know how a unit of 18 bulls (or ironguts) works! If you get the charge, those impact hits could do some damage.

Dhaemian
06-08-2010, 15:45
I'm more of a fluff person.
Can't really see where Ogres would cross DE unless you get a DE incursion into the Old World
So either Lizardmen with an incursion from the south into Naggaroth or the other way round incursion into Lustria/The New World. Or Dwarves.
Being a big fan of Dwarves though and very much less of Elves. I'll go with the Dwarves. Just love the little buggers.

Malorian
06-08-2010, 16:50
Let us know how a unit of 18 bulls (or ironguts) works! If you get the charge, those impact hits could do some damage.

To hell with 18! With all his shooting I'm sure to have serious losses before I hit his line, so I'm thinking more about units of 24 bulls ;)

sssk
06-08-2010, 20:59
With monsterous infantry being excellent nowadays, I can't think ogres suffer too much. However, I'd like to see some dwarfs used, so go with dwarfs!

Gork or Possibly Mork
06-08-2010, 23:38
Ogres for sure. Though I'd like to see you do the slaughtering. Unless it's Seabo with his horrible luck I'd like to see him smash you good sometime.

Malorian
09-08-2010, 16:47
Ok I think ogres are the clear winner.

I'll make up a list.

Thanks for the replies :)

(Thread closed)