PDA

View Full Version : Third eye of Tzeentch and Lore of life question

Lord of the End Times
05-08-2010, 14:58
The wording of the third eye of tzeentch says that you can pick an enemy sorceror and use their spells instead of your own, 'provided those spells do not summon additional models or heal wounds suffered earlier in the game'. The lore of life attribute says that for every spell successfully cast, the wizard or another friendly model nearby may regain a wound lost earlier. Does this mean that no spell from the lore of life can be used? Can I use the spells if I choose not to regain a wound lost earlier?

On the specific point of regrowth: arguably it is neither 'summoning additional models' nor 'healing wounds suffered earlier', as the models did exist at the beginning of the game and at the time of casting they were dead and hence could not be healed. It seems unclear to me, my instinct would tell me that it should not be allowed and I am lawyering but what do people think?

Apologies if this has been covered already, I could not find it using search.

Tarian
05-08-2010, 15:02
I don't think Third Eye can be used on regrowth, as it is summoning/healing models. The rest of the spells from Life should be alright though.

Yrrdead
05-08-2010, 15:31
Here was a previous discussion on the topic.

Linky link (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267208)

Paraelix
05-08-2010, 21:05
Ok. I queried the Hobby Service team and their response was that the spells are stolen, and not the Lore attribute... Bizarre, I know.

I can dig up the email if you like?

Yrrdead
05-08-2010, 21:09
Paraelix what's up with all this contact with Hobby Service lately?

I was under the impression that their answers weren't worth gnoblar spit.

Paraelix
05-08-2010, 21:12
Paraelix what's up with all this contact with Hobby Service lately?

I was under the impression that their answers weren't worth gnoblar spit.

Because at my local I'm generally considered a rules guru and everyone hits me up for rules queries :D So I send them the occaisional email with a list of about 20-30 questions... Hopefully some of them eventually make it to the FAQ teams.