PDA

View Full Version : Ad Mech Machines in war.

TheOmnissiah
05-08-2010, 21:49
Surely when the adeptus mechanicus go to war they would use all imperial vehicles sue to the fact that they make them.

For example in my mind I can imagine skitarri land raiders dreadnoughts leman russ's and Bassies all in once force.
This came from a discussion earlier today I was having with a friend, we were arguing that ad mech have all of them, he said they wouldn't due to everything being precious especially raiders and dreds, but my thoughts are teh ad mech made thousands of them of course they must have some, plus they train techmarines to service SM vehicles so need them to train the techmarines.
they OFC use them also.

can anyone enlighten me or add thoughts to this?

Octavulg
05-08-2010, 22:00
Well, you never actually asked a question... :P

That said, I think LRs are specifically allocated to the use of the Space Marines. Otherwise, I'd say you're pretty much correct (though I think Dreadnoughts would likely not be formally used - but there might be Tech-Priests who basically ended up like them).

Horus_Lupercal
06-08-2010, 00:34
i believe that the ad mech can use any and all weapons and vehicles in the imperium, because they produce the best and most weapons in the imperium, that simple. even if the ad mech didnt have enemies:rolleyes: theyd still have to test that equipment out before it was shipped to wich ever force needed it.

FabricatorGeneralMike
06-08-2010, 02:49
I'm shure they use Land Raiders and such, don't know about dreddys tho. Altho when you are 96% augmentic I guess you can style your ride however you want =o]

Lowmans
06-08-2010, 06:02
They might not get Land Raiders. It would depend on the wording of the Emperor's edict regarding them.
Although, IMHO that should also prevent inquisitors having them!

The Judge
06-08-2010, 07:35
In a fan-made list Land Raiders were made available to represent the AdMech field-testing new designs, such as the Crusader or the Redeemer. I like this idea a lot!

Radium
06-08-2010, 08:07
Why use things like leman russes and land raiders when you have the Adeptus Titanicus at your command? And all sorts of high-tech gadgets like graviton guns, Praetorian servitors and electro-priests.

But I think they would use whatever they felt like, or whatever they'd need to get the job done.

Lord Damocles
06-08-2010, 08:26
Why use things like leman russes and land raiders when you have the Adeptus Titanicus at your command? And all sorts of high-tech gadgets like graviton guns, Praetorian servitors and electro-priests.
Because the Titans, gravitation guns, advanced combat servitors and the like are rare and limited resources even within the Mechanicus.

Why don't all Marines have Terminator Armour and Plasma Cannons?

TrooperTino
06-08-2010, 11:31
I imagine if a forgeworld is under siege the admech uses everything available. Why should they not?

But an Admech explorator force or "army" should have equipment that performs equal to Land Raiders/Dreads/Leman Russes but is something more "admech". A big Prätorian servitor can be as strong as a dread, some transport vehicle, maybe build only by the magos in charge, can perhaps even outperform a land raider.

I think they wouldn't use LRs or dreads because these are made especially to serve the needs of astartes, and would build something similar with special "slots" for combatservitors and so on... something special for their special needs and art of war. But under pressure the admech would take what they have available, be it Land Raiders, Speeders or whatever.

oCoYoRoAoKo
06-08-2010, 12:20
I would expect that were the Admech go to war then they would use whatever they deemed most efficient to get the job done.

Acolyte James: 'Hail Supreme Magos! I have that order of 23 landraiders you asked for'
Magos Bill: 'Excellent Acolyte James, be ready to charge that Avatar'
Acolyte James: 'Excuse me for asking sir, but dont you think that 23 Landraiders is overkill?'
Magos Bill: 'By the Omnissiah! Have you learned nothing lad? Field Tests show that an Avatar is capable of destroying exactly 22 Landraiders in combat. 23 is the minimum number required to fell such a beast'
Acolyte James: 'But sir!'
Magos Bill: 'Quiet James!'
*Acolyte james turns to look at the warlord titan gathering dust*

Gorbad Ironclaw
06-08-2010, 18:19
They might not get Land Raiders. It would depend on the wording of the Emperor's edict regarding them.

I would imagine that the Emperor's edict would only apply to Imperial forces in the first place so wouldn't apply to the Ad Mechs anyway as they are entirely seperate from the Imperial Forces.

Lowmans
06-08-2010, 18:51
I would imagine that the Emperor's edict would only apply to Imperial forces in the first place so wouldn't apply to the Ad Mechs anyway as they are entirely seperate from the Imperial Forces.

It may have applied to Ad Mech. It was made by the Emperor before he got stuck on the potty, so it could have been binding on Ad Mech.

Dreachon
06-08-2010, 19:38
And let's no forget that the AM has acces to far better and deadlier weapons than Landraiders and leman russ tanks, they don't show all of their creations.

FabricatorGeneralMike
06-08-2010, 21:09

Yes, but you have to remember that back in the day EVERYONE had LR's. It was during one of the many retcons that the LR became SpaceMarine only. I remember my guard army rolling with LR's way back in the day. Also in the Codex Titanicus it shows the different markings for the Legions support vehicles and so forth. There is a LR among them.

Chem-Dog
08-08-2010, 11:00

Inquisitors have the Authority of the Emperor as his proxy they can theoretically do anything they like, including requisition a Landraider.

I don't think the AM would field much equipment that would be common in other branches of the Imperium's Military, they would have comparitively exotic gear. Knight households, Robot cohorts, Conversion Beamers, Graviton guns and Plasma weapons all over the place.