PDA

View Full Version : Deathwing

Britshaw
06-08-2010, 01:37
Is it still possible to field a full Deathwing army in the current codex?
I had a flick through a mates codex but couldn't seem to see any rules stating that you can but then again i may have missed it.

Cheers in advance.

Bartali
06-08-2010, 01:48
pg.79 of the Dark Angels codex under the Belial entry is what you're looking for

Britshaw
06-08-2010, 01:55
ahh cheers for that mate. completely missed it

OoieGooie
06-08-2010, 01:59
There's a full deathwatch army over at CMON. If you can find it.

Britshaw
06-08-2010, 02:33
one more question slightly off topic, is what would be better for a beginner:
Deathwing or Blood Angels.

I'm swinging towards Blood angels just as they have a little more variety. But where there is variety there's more chance to screw up.

Plus there are more, better looking blood angels done cant seem to find any deathwing that i'd say are exceptionally done

PostinDirty
06-08-2010, 02:54
wot wot WOT??

plenty of totally awesome and rad looking Deathwing out there
VanSan's army for starters (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161381) is down right incredible

Reflex
06-08-2010, 05:44
space wolves can also do a terminator army. they are pretty neat.

for a starter army they are as equal as each other really. if your want more variety go with blood angels. but in saying that, deathwing can become a part of a normal DA army, but BA seem to have more stuff then DA

geeksquared
06-08-2010, 06:13
From a pure painting standpoint your probably better off with BA. Red is a lot easier to get looking good than white. I've been painting these things for close to 20 years now and I still have trouble with large areas of flat white.

taffeh
06-08-2010, 07:40
From a pure painting standpoint your probably better off with BA. Red is a lot easier to get looking good than white. I've been painting these things for close to 20 years now and I still have trouble with large areas of flat white.

I Second what geeksquared says - DW can be a pain to paint and many beginners and vets who dont concentrate on painting can produce bad looking armies because they want results - fast.

If you have loads of time and got the dedication to do it - go for it....

after all - Van San's army wasnt painted over a weekend :)

Zeroth
06-08-2010, 11:23
I've played a fair amount of games with my Deathwing army. It's been fun and I still love them. But because I am so cocky that I don't believe that any other setup is close to as good as the list I play, I simply won't change it and that makes it a little boring in the long run.

To spice it up I tried to recreate my army using C:SM, making them as good as possible. Now you Vulkan-haters are gonna love this.

Vulkan

3x 5 TH/SS terminator squads

2x 5 scouts, with sniper rilfes and camo cloaks

3x LRC with multimelta

This list kicks ass compared to my old C:DA, my machine spirit is better. A lot better! Suddenly I can drive 12" and shoot, hell when I use the machine spirit to shoot I actually hit stuff. And my oh so useless multimelta, hits stuff. Nearly 100% of the time. My terminators kick ass, that 3++ is a lovely upgrade, especially when they are even more killy than my old ones, since they are mastercrafted.

And of course, Vulkan can handle himself.

The surprise about this list was actually how well it handled in objective missions. I figured that's where I was weakest. The list packs so much punch that it can ruin most armies while my scouts hold one or two objectives. Killing all enemy troops is a favorite.

PostinDirty
06-08-2010, 13:08

now you see i find painting DW easy as pies. they're not flat white, but bone. it can be dirty and stained. yellow's the only colour that gives me any grief