PDA

View Full Version : Plague Censer Question

larabic
06-08-2010, 07:03
I assault a building and one of the models i send in is equipped with the plague censer which requires any one in base to base at the beginning of combat to take a toughness test. So how does that work with building assaults?

Clegane
06-08-2010, 07:32
I assault a building and one of the models i send in is equipped with the plague censer which requires any one in base to base at the beginning of combat to take a toughness test. So how does that work with building assaults?

Page 128 handles issues involving assaults on buildings.

The section for 'Special Attacks' answers this specific question.

In short, for base-to-base special attacks, each model is able to nominate one enemy model to be the one they are 'base to base' with.

So your model with a Censer will affect one model (your opponent's choice which one).

T10
06-08-2010, 07:34
It would seem reasonable to work out the damage against the models that will be fighting. If any are killed by the fumes you replace them with any excess garrisoned or assaulting models. Then work out the combat as normal.

-T10

Haravikk
06-08-2010, 11:15
It would seem reasonable to work out the damage against the models that will be fighting. If any are killed by the fumes you replace them with any excess garrisoned or assaulting models. Then work out the combat as normal.
I'm not sure that's how it works though; the 10 models in an assault team are all you get, it's represent the confined spaces etc. A model killed by fumes would block the path of an enemy would otherwise be able to step up and fight. It makes sense I think that plague censers would be effective at building assaults as they are by far the worst place to be assailed by noxious fumes :)