PDA

View Full Version : All strike when attack in the rear?

Tau-Lover
06-08-2010, 12:07
One of my friends said that if you got attacked in the rear of your unit, all the models from the attacked unit may strike at the enemy, is this true?

narrativium
06-08-2010, 12:11
When your friend makes claims like this, tell him to point out where it says that in the rulebook. The book is clear on who gets to attack, and where supporting attacks apply.

T10
06-08-2010, 14:17
One of my friends said that if you got attacked in the rear of your unit, all the models from the attacked unit may strike at the enemy, is this true?

The deal here is that some of your rearward models are considered to be in base contact even if they are not physically touching.

-T10

Saldiven
06-08-2010, 17:00
The deal here is that some of your rearward models are considered to be in base contact even if they are not physically touching.

-T10

Here, as a convention to reduce confusion, we slide models back so that a full rank is in BTB in the rear, and pull casualties from the middle.

apbevan
06-08-2010, 19:25
@Saldiven
Does that not add its on complications with ranks because the unit is all messy now. I think its pretty simple to know that all models on the back edge fight.

theunwantedbeing
06-08-2010, 23:04
@Saldiven
Does that not add its on complications with ranks because the unit is all messy now. I think its pretty simple to know that all models on the back edge fight.

Wouldn't make a difference either way as your creating a space to allow models to be more easily removed.

Leaving them where they are and taking the back ranks is marginally less effort though.