PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnian special characters

mooze
06-08-2010, 15:13
Has anyone ever used Bertrand le Brigand, Gui le Gros, Hugo le petit, Tristan le Troubador and Jules le Jongleur or Repanse de Lyonesse? I have all of these (well painted too) and was wondering what they were like when they were useable.

mdauben
06-08-2010, 15:32
Has anyone ever used Bertrand le Brigand, Gui le Gros, Hugo le petit, Tristan le Troubador and Jules le Jongleur or Repanse de Lyonesse? I have all of these (well painted too) and was wondering what they were like when they were useable.
I believe that all those characters were all from the first edition of the Brett Army Book. If they are not in the current one (I don't have a copy handy but I don't think they are) then they are no longer useable, as special characters. Some of them may still be useable as generic characters. Repanse de Lyonesse, for example, could be used as a generic Lord figure, or Gui le Gros used as a Archer champion.

dragonet111
06-08-2010, 17:15
The last appearance of those characters was in the 5ed book (the previous one).
I never used them so I don't know if they were useful or just funny.

The Bretonnian had a lot a special characters one of my favorite was Jasperre le Beau (sorry I don't have the correct English name).
I play Bretonnian only a couple of time in 5ed because the army was really expensive and I couldn't buy a second army and I fielded Jasperre once because a friend of mine had a very powerful Forest Dragon, I charged and killed the beast in one turn.:D.

JonnyTHM
06-08-2010, 17:18
There were also 6ed or 7ed rules for Tristan and Joules in a white dwarf.