PDA

View Full Version : Catachan models as Renegades

Warmaster Bill
06-08-2010, 15:15
I have recently started playing Chaos Renegades and have already converted a bunch of Cadians to have a more renegade feel. After looking at the Catachan models, it looked like they also had some good potential for renegade models.

Tell me what you guys think, thanks.

Also, I don't think that I am going to use the forgeworld renegade upgrades.

Cuchulain84
06-08-2010, 15:19
I think Catachans would look great.

Nate668
06-08-2010, 15:38
I'd definitely go with the catachan models. I'm not sure how well the models scale together because I've never tried it, but you could try adding some bits from the marauder box from fantasy to make them look more chaos-y.

Luko
06-08-2010, 15:51
I have seen some pretty cool things done with a box of catachans kit bashed with a box of Gors! Beastmen for the Militia prehaps?

Luko

Luisjoey
06-08-2010, 17:17
i use catachans as PENAL LEGIONS
they seem like criminal Punks...

so they could easily be used as traitors.... choose a good painting pattern and maybe some bits.

Askari
06-08-2010, 19:31
My Traitor Guard use both Cadians and Catachans also.

The Cadians are the remnant of an IG regiment turned to Chaos (count as Veterans) while the Catachans are a bunch of zealots who found some Lasguns (Inf. Platoons and/or Conscripts).

To make them Chaosy, just give them a really weird skin tone, the odd tentacle here and there, give the officers some robes as Cult leaders, sorted.

totgeboren
06-08-2010, 19:35
Take a look at the first page of my log (in my sig), there I have some penal legionnaires based on Catachan models.

I however feel that the Cadian models are much nicer, and if I was you, I would not get any Catachans anyway.

Lars Porsenna
06-08-2010, 20:15
I say cut the difference! My traitor guard is made up of Catachan legs, Cadian torsos, Maxmini heads, and Forgeworld arms w/autoguns! And they look great too!

Damon.

Reflex
07-08-2010, 04:18
catachans can look fantastic as cultists. I cant remember who did it, but some bloke used catachans and flaggelants from empire, mixed them and they looked awesome. very very evil.

Warmaster Bill
10-08-2010, 17:10
Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I will look into getting some Catachan models in the near future. :D

mrln68
10-08-2010, 17:22
Catachans are great for Renegades/Lost and the Damned type armies. The Warhammer Fantasy marauders and what not match up with little work to offer some crazed head options. Mixing in some gor parts will add a mutant look without a lot of work as well.

Cadians though are a little less robust than the Warhammer Chaos armies - but they do match up to the Empire Fantasy models. Nice thing about renegades though is that you don't need to be uniform in terms of the way they look. Mixing things up a bit makes them look more chaotic and what not. Use something like arm bands/headbands or a similar feature to tie them all together though...otherwise it can get confusing on the table. Especially if two different infantry blobs run smack into each other over an objective.