PDA

View Full Version : New Player 1000pt DE's

Bozzy
06-08-2010, 15:49
Hey all Completely new to warhammer..guess that's a good thing with 8th just coming out...But I've got a sizable army from a friend wanting to sell all of his DE's and adding a batallion on top of that. I've been doing a lot of research on forums in throughout books. So with that said here's my first 1000k Pt List Please Rip to shreds.

Lvl3 Supreme Src
=225
Master
-Heartseeker
-Shield
-Heavy armor
-SDK
=125
20 Warrior w/ Spear
-Shields
-Full Command
=155
11 RXB
=110
5 Dark Riders
-RXB
-Musician
=117
CO Chariot
=100
War Hydra
=175

Total = 997

-Have played around with maybe chopping some things down and removing the chariot to add in 5 CoKs Naked..
-If not then what could i use those last 33 points for.. some more rxb some warriors standard etc..
-Things i could still consider 2 Bolt throwers over hydra..Ive got more warriors xbowman assassin src on Drk steed etc.. As well as Plenty of Corsairs..
- Things im lacking sadly.. Blackguard , Executioners, Witch Elves, Harpys, Was wandering whats the next thing or 2 i should buy.. From Reading i assume a box or 2 of Blackguard...

Thanks all for the help I'll check back recently and respond often any and all comments welcome no matter how brutal..

Big Bozzy

*EDIT changed the lvl 2 src to a lvl 3 supreme src..Any thoughts ?*

Bozzy
07-08-2010, 05:47
Hmm 1000pt builds not that popular eh ? lol

LanceSaba
07-08-2010, 13:56
welcome to the game man! but with the new point cost system you can only spend 250 on lords and 250 on heroes at 1k so your list is illegal. For that point level i used a master with beastmaster's scourge and blood armor with a lvl 2 mage (lore of metal) or you could spend the 44 points elsewhere. give the bowmen shields as it makes them much better in CC which will be happening a lot faster. Chariot are good support for your warriors though i suggest some BG or executioners to help pop armor if your sorceress should fluff her dice or die. Also CO knights aren't half bad though they are not as good as they use to be and they are cheap to buy if you are on a budget (use them in higher point games as they are a big point sink). Shades can be really annoying and help take out war machines until your DR arrive (though if you are on a budget i understand). Hydras are just nasty creatures just watch out for flaming attacks, unfortunately there are a lot out there and they will always be brought vs DE just to take the hydra down, and personally i find it kinda cheesy at this point level as it is really really good (though if your future goal is to play a beast heavy list i could understand).

tmarichards
07-08-2010, 14:34
Pretty solid. Trying to fix the character situation will be annoying, but you could always go with a barebones Dreadlord instead of the Master.

I'd advise against taking BG or Executioners at such a low points level, without a Cauldron to buff them up they just won't get their points back after the inevitbale casualties they suffer.

Bozzy
07-08-2010, 15:05
Hmm could take out the src or master maybe... and fill it in with a unit of corsairs with the frenzy banner maybe ?

LanceSaba
07-08-2010, 15:23
i wouldn't drop the sorceress as magic is vary powerful in low point games and a master makes a better general given his better Ld but that is up to you.

Bozzy
07-08-2010, 15:25
hmm made it a lvl 3 supreme src for now that fixed my lord hero problem and filled in some missing points...leaning towards shadow or death maybe detah to try and use the extra power dice*

Bozzy
08-08-2010, 13:50
Goin off very little experience but is my list very infantry light ?

tmarichards
08-08-2010, 16:27
Goin off very little experience but is my list very infantry light ?

Not at such a low points value. Dark Elves are still excellent value for points, with standard warriors being better than a lot of similarly pointed core infantry of other armies. The elite infantry is still good, but expensive enough that at a low points value it won't be able to be buffed/supported enough to survive the inevitable casualties and get its points back.

Or at least, that's my opinion.