PDA

View Full Version : UL-RUK'S WARPATH-an on going Beastmen battle report

Gorak
06-08-2010, 16:36
Ul-Ruk was not pleased, his ungor scouts had found a high elf army moving through his bloodgrounds. He and his shamans gathered the warherd at the herdstone........

"We will not let these weak elves pass through my lands!" bellowed the beastlord. His cry was echoed in the chants and braying of the warherd

"They will pay in blood for there tresspass! We wil tear down thir totems, befoul their colours!" bellowed the beastlord. His cry was echoed by the warherd

"Into the mud with them!" bellowed the beastlord. His cry was echoed the herd. suddenly Gorak Bloodmane UL-Ruk's second in command and warherd banner bearer voice raise above the rest "BREAK THEIR SKULLS AND EAT THEIR HEARTS!" screamed gorak bloodmane, the banner of Ul-Ruk raised high. First the Bestigors took their pick of the weapons at the foot of the herd stone. Next the minotaurs and so on till the herdstone had nothing left infront of it but jewels,gold,carrion and polished bone. With that the warherd was marsheled and went to meet the weakling High Elves in the forest of shadows.

OK so this will be my battle report log for my new beastmen army, had 3 games at 2000pts against a buddy's HE. for the first two games here are the lists we used

Ul-Ruk's Warherd

LORDS
Beastlord @ 253 pts (General;Extra Hand Weapon)
Gnarled Hide
Crown of Commandment
Armour of Destiny

Great Bray-Shaman @ 235 pts (Level 4 Upgrade)

HEROS
Gorebull (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 243 pts (Extra Hand Weapon;Heavy Armour)
Talismen of Preservation

Bray-Shaman @ 100 pts
Dispel Scroll

CORE
25 Gor Herd @ 225 pts (Fullcommand; Extra Hand Weapon)

5 Ungor Raiders @ 30 pts

5 Ungor Raiders @ 30 pts

SPECIAL
20 Bestigor Herd @ 270 pts (Fullcommand)

6 Minotaurs @ 384 pts (Musician; Standard Bearer;Extra Hand Weapon)

Total Roster Cost: 2001

High Elf army

Lords
Archmage
lvl 4

Prince
halbred
armour of caldeor
vambraces of defence

Core
20-archers

30-seaguard (fullcommand)

Special

5-dragon princes (fullcommand)

30-Phoinex Guard (fullcommand)
warbanner

Rare
reapter boltthrowerx2

OK first game this did not go well gave up on 3rd turn.....

we rolled random terrian got 10 peices the battlefiled was cut in two by a river and one side was full of misty swamps, there were a few normal hills a mysterious forest an encampment of destruction on my left flank,furthermore there was an arcaine ruin at the top end of my deployment zone. we rolled battle line.

Deployment: I won the roll to choose sides taking the side with the arcane ruins I deployed as far out a possible from left to right it was gors with gorebull-beastlord with bestigors-minotaurs-ungor raiders. behind the centre was gors with great shaman and the lvl 1 hanging out by himself by the arcane ruins. he deployed his units 5-6" off his table edge with boltthrowers on either flank sea guard with archers right behind them and phoinex guard and dragons princes on my right.

Beastmen Turn 1: I go nuts and move everything to the edge of the river and then proceed to the magic phase. I start of with rolling 9 then channling 2 more doce thanks to the arcane ruins! I roll 3 dice with the lvl one to get wildform off and bam ulitmatepower! he rolls the one where youn lose d6 dice and all wizards on his side take a hit. He takes a wound the great bay doesn't, but I lose the rest of dice. Oh and I roll a 6 to bring an ungor raiders on to the board and bring them up to charging distance of a boltthrower.

High Elf Turn 1: a slight shift in his battle line nothing major. magic, nothing spectaicular but get fury of khaine off on the minotaurs and does 1 wound. Shooting kills a total of 2 more minotaurs and the threaten boltthrower runs off the ungors with 1 wound done to them :cries:

Beastmen Turn 2: I moveforard without marching to get through the river, nice river though it was a river of BLOOD quite refreshing. For some stuiped reason I think it's faster to put my gors with gorebull in the haunted mansion thats across the river instead of moving over the fence. magic well the lvl cast wildform again with ultimate power killinghimself with a roll of 3 and instead of coperating and ding for the team rolls a 4 so I lose the rest of the dice and him from the blast temlate! not my game so far

High Elf Turn 2: a slight shift in his battle line nothing major. magic, nothing spectaicular but get fury of khaine off on the minotaurs and kills one. Shooting kills a total of 2 more minotaurs :cries:

Beastmen Turn 3: Well at this point I attemped a charge from the bestigors need 9+ on 2d6 I rolled 4 and 1 so was put right into the misty swamp and half of my bestigors we're draged to their deaths by famirs! Magic got shut down and at that point I conceded as it would be at least 2 more turns till I would be in combat and most of my units we're either way to far out of position and or dead or mauled horribily!

more too come!

Malorian
06-08-2010, 16:52
I don't know... given the lists it looks fairly even although depending on the matchups it could go in the HE's favour really quickly.

Gorak
06-08-2010, 17:44
Ul-Ruk with his remaing bestigors cut their way through the famir infested swap enraged that their quarry had eluded them. Ul-Ruk once again gathered the warherd and rampage after the hated high elves.

Game 2 same lists as games 1.

Deployment we rolled for terrian and got 5 with a wizard tower in one deployment zone an arcane ruins in the other a forest of the left flank and a hunted masion on the right with a hill mid left flank. He won the roll to choose and took the zone with the arcane ruins. He than deploye the same as before only this time hugging his board edge. I deployed as before only putting the minotaurs on the far right flank and the ungors on the far left and the lvl1 shamman in the unit of gors with the gorebull. We rolls for first turn and he won and gave it to me.

Beastmen Turn 1: moved evreything forward max march move. magic was shut down I was only able to get wildform off on the bestigors. My unit of ungor rolled a 1 and he placed them on my board edge.

High Elf Turn 1: Slight shift of battle line forward to make sure every one was in range. magic was meh he was able to get fury of kahine off and do 2 wounds to the minotaurs. Shooting sees onther 2 killed they pass their break test and he hand the turn over to me.

Beastmen Turn 2: I surge forward again hoping to get wildform off at least twice. magic was shut down completley except getting the -1 to hit for combat and magic spell off on the archers.

High Elf Turn 2: Worried about a combo charge on phoinex guard by the bestigors and minotaurs he charges the minotaurs with the dragon princes and the bestigors with his phoinex guard.
his magic goes poorly fails to get any spells through. shooting, he kills 4 gors with shooting. why can't he roll that bad against my mintaurs? IN the combat phase he butchers the 3 remaining minoturs horses for the last wound! and elects to reform as he would be waaay out of position! On to the main event! My bestigors pass their primal fury roll, he declairs a challange with his prince! UL-Ruk gladly steps up, the prince strikes first hitting twice and wounding once which promply saved by my armour. Next up is Ul-Ruk I hit an impressive 4 out of 5 wound ing with all he pass 3 armours saves fails 1 even with the re-roll than fails his ward save! UL-Ruk wins this round of the mighty clash! The phoinex guard stike out wounding 3 bestigors one is saved by his armour! The bestigors than lash out with their axes and slaughter 7 phoinex guard! The phoinex guard are stedfast so he rolls his Ld test.....dice comes up and it's............6 and a ...........5 WOOT:evilgrin: I promply run them down and we despoil their precious warbanner mauhahahhah :evilgrin:

Beastmen Turn 3: CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE! the Gors andgorebull slam into the sea guard the gors with the great shamman hit the dragon princeses and the bestigors move to a goo sight of the archers. Magic was able to get wild form off on the gors with the gorebull. greatshaman also cast savage beast on himself and then we move to combat phase! the sea guard take 3 wound to start from the gorebull smashing into the spear wall. The sea guard lash out at the gors and the gorebull and do no wounds to the mighty battle standard bearer! The are able to fell only 2 gors as well! The gorebullstrikes back! hitting with all 6 of his attacks and wounding with 5! The sea guard's armour is no match for the doombulls masive str and all 5 are slain out right! The gors attack nexte eger to taste blood! They hit with a flurry of 21 attacks most hitting and killing onther 8-10 sae guard who's armour can't stop the magicaly fulled str of the gors!

At this point my buddy threw in the towel, as the writing was on the wall. The2nd game was much more bloodier, A lessoned learned by me and him we both went back to the drawing baord for our lists for game 3

Seabo
07-08-2010, 00:07
Wow 2nd game was over fast lol. Way to go Ul-Ruk :D
Looking forward to next game

Palantir
07-08-2010, 17:19
Nice, another Beastmen battle report thread :)

Keep 'em coming. I enjoy this stuff immensely.

Gorak
10-08-2010, 04:50
Ul-Ruk was pleased they had routed the weakling elves for good and feast apon their megar remains. Once again though his scout report there was yet onther elf force moving through his blood grounds...........

GAME 3

Army lists

Well I change mine up and this is the list I'll be fine tuning.....

Ul-Ruk's Warherd

LORDS

Gnarled Hide
Crown of Commandment
Armour of Destiny

HEROS

Gorebull (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 243 pts (Extra Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour)
Talismen of Preservation

CORE

6 Ungor Raiders @ 36 pts

6 Ungor Raiders @ 36 pts

SPECIAL

19 Bestigor Herd @ 258 pts (Fullcommand)

3 Minotaurs @ 207 pts (Musician; Standard Bearer;Extra Hand Weapon)

5 Harpies @ 70 pts (scouts)

Total Roster Cost: 1995

His army

Archmage lvl 4

bsb noble with amrour of destiny and halbred

korhil

core

40 sea guard

20 archers

rare

reapter boltthrower x2

terrian was the same as game one due to time as the store was closing in about an hour we decided to keep the board as is and run a battle line scenario again.

Deployment The elves won the roll off and took the isde with arcane ruins
seaguard with all his characters huging board edge and the archmage with in 6 of the ruins. Archers were beside and two reapters on the flanks

I deployed with the beastlord and bestigors in the center, the gorebull and gor to the left the minotaur units to either flanks, great shaman and his gors behind the main battle line centred and ungors to the far right flank. deployed the harpies on the left 12" away from the boltthrower....roll for who goes first.....he wins and takes first turn.

High Elves Turn 1:
Movement phase: Not much movement as nothing was really in range he shifted his seaguard and boltthrower to the left to fire at the harpies
Magic phase: Rolls th winds of magic and gets a whoping 4 dice and then rolls his 4d6 for channeling......3 six's come up and he miscast! re rolls 3 than 3 again and the mage dies along with 15 seaguard :evilgrin: muahahahah :evilgrin: His m,agic pahse end as he has no more wizard.
shooting phase: none of the saeguard manage to hit the harpies but 3 are killed by the rbt and they pass their panic test! muahahahhahaha archers take a few pot shots at the minotaurs and do 1 or 2 wounds.

NOTE:
Now at this point we thought of starting over but we wanted to sea if an army could recover from a hit like that and we we're pressed for time....

Beastmen Turn 1:
Movement phase: all units move forward at maximium speed. Next I rool for the ungors and they come on the left flank :confused: stuiped ungors don't they know the harpies we're there all ready? The harpies charge the RBT.
Magic phase: I get a whoping 9 dice and my oppent get 5, I'm able to cast all my spells as he has no plus to disspell so the archers are are -1 to hit the right flank minotaurs are at +1str and T.
Combat phase: the crew lashes out at the harpies with speed only high elves can muster...hit twice......and fail to wound HAPPY DAY! they lash back and miss. I win combat cause I charged and he promptly passed his test.

High Elves Turn 2:
Moement phase: slight shift in his battle line brings the seaguard to bear against my line nothing major
Magic phase: none
Shooting phase: the archers attempt to fire at the minotaur on the right doing one wound wich is saved
the seaguard fire at the left flank minotaurs doing a few wounds. none of which are saved by me.

Beastmen Turn 2:
Movement phase: full boar ahead in charge range for next turn.
shooting: none
magic: get wildform and curse through again do to his no mage disspelling
combat: harpies get driven of by the rbt crew.

Highelf Turn 3:
movement: pretty much nothing
magic none
shooting a few more wound done to bolth minotaur units bring the left flank down to 2 and the right flank down to 1.
combat none

Beastmen Turn 3: CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE the bestigors charge the archers the gors and gorebull charge korhill and the sea guard as well as the two minotaurs and the right flank minotaur charges the rbt. the stand and shoot reaction from the archers vs bestigors does 3 wounds.
magic: get wildform on the gor+gorebull unit and curse on the seaguard....the writing is prettymuch on the wall.
Combat: Korhill is slain by impacthits, the unit and bsb strike doing 2 wounds to the gors and 2 to the minotaurs bringing the minotaurs down to 1. The gorebull tears the noble bsb apart and defiles his precious standard, the gors slaughter the seaguard and they are promtly runoff the feild.

At this point we didn't bother finish off the other combats as we had to pack up but it would of been a moot point anyways. Chalk onther one up for UL-Ruk's Warheard!

Gorak
12-08-2010, 18:18
Ul'Ruk and his warherd drunk on the victories over the hated elves had one hell of a feast for 3 nights and days their howls and brays could be heard from miles around. Little did Ul-Ruk know that a questing army of bretonia knights had heard these noises and had come to prove their worth......

Well had two battle last night at the local gaming club first one was vs my long time rivals new bret army and it was a good one!
We played 2000pts and rolled 9 peices of terrian... a sorc portal,tower of blood, sinister statue,altar of khaine,arcain ruins and mysterious forest x 3.
The mission we rolled was blood and glory...good thing I have standards.....

THE ARMY LISTS

Ul-Ruk's Warherd

LORDS

Gnarled Hide
Crown of Commandment
Armour of Destiny

HEROS

Gorebull (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 243 pts (Extra Hand Weapon; Heavy Armour)
Talismen of Preservation

CORE

6 Ungor Raiders @ 36 pts

6 Ungor Raiders @ 36 pts

SPECIAL

19 Bestigor Herd @ 258 pts (Fullcommand)

5 Harpies @ 70 pts (scouts)

Total Roster Cost: 1995

The Questing Knights

Lords

Prophetess of the Lady(Level 4 Upgrade)
Ruby Goblet

Heros
Paladin (Battle Standard Bearer)
Virtue of Heroism
Banner of Defense

Paladin (General)
wyrmlance

Core
15 Knight of the realm full command and warbanner

2x12 peasent bowmen with braizers

special
12 questing knights fullcommand

8 pegueses knights fullcomannd

rare

trebuchette

w3rm
13-08-2010, 02:05
Wow this is some good stuff! Very fun to read. But you guys seem to throw in the towel a lot. Try playing out a game even if you think youre losing. It just makes your comeback that much more awesome!

Gorak
13-08-2010, 04:04
Thanks every one for the intrest!

Deployment for bret game:

the terrian was placed as so..... sorc-portal far left flank mid board,forest closer to what would be my deployment, altar of khain mid board slightly to the left flank,sinister statue exactly centre,tower of blood mid right flank, forest slightly furtehr right closer to my deployment,arcain ruins far right flank near centre and the other forest was right flank in his deployment zone.

I deployed from left to right ungor raiders minotaurs gors with gorebull bestigors with Ul-Ruk(beastlord) minotaurs and the gors with great shaman just behind the minotaurs and bestigors. Harpies scouted 12" away from the bowmen to get into postion to charge the trebuchette.

He deployed from left to right bowmen the big knights of the realm with bsb and profetess lined up with my gors and gorebull pegusus knights in centre his questing knights lined up with my bestigors and the last unit of bowmen went far right. trebuchette was deployed middle back end of his board edge.

Spells
I gets wildform,curse,transformation and the magic missle

He gets thorne of vines,T boost,dwellers bellow and the magic missle

Prebattle note: I had a fortitude of 8 to his 6 so I was pretty confident on winning this one allthough it was my first game in 8th vs brets. Also my ambushing Ungors failed to show up the entire game(to drunk from stolen booze and elf scraps) so I will not mention them from now on.

He prayed to his feeble godess so I went first.

Beastmen Turn 1:

Movement phase: I move up not max but enough so that he would have to roll good to get a charge in. the harpies fly over the bowmen head and get in line to charge the trebuchette.

Magic phase: I roll well and get 10 dice, he channels and gets 6 I get no more. I first cast curse with 5 dice on the KotR which he uses all six of his dice to dispell I than cast wildform on the gors and the bullgore.

Shooting phase: NONE

Combat phase: NONE

Bretonnia Turn 1:

Movement phase:FOR THE LADY! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGE!
the KotR,the PK and The questing knights all make their charge ranges! CURSES! the PK hits the left flank minotaurs the KotR hit the gors and gorebull and the questing knights hit the bestigors. the bowmen on the right flank move up and the bowmen on the left wheel to shoot at the harpies.

Magic phase; he rolls 4 and 3 getting 7 powerdice channles and gets nothing. I channle and get an extra one. He cast throne of vines on 3 dice and I let it go threw. He than attempts T boost spell on his remaining dice and I promptly dispell it.

Shooting phase: the bowmen on the left manage to take down one harpy so no check, I'm happy. The trebuchette fire at the gor unit with my shamn and kill 6, I pass my panic check.

The sinster staute must be an old herd stone as no hits are done to my units.

Combat phase: He choses to do the Pk vs minotaur fight first, he has higher I so strikes first! well a masacre the knights and pegusi slaughter the minotaurs and then fail their restrain roll TWICE!::evilgrin: and overrun into ungors who flee and are run down as well,but hey at least they lost a wound to diffcult terrian checks :rolleyes: Next combat is KotR vs the gores and gorebull. all I are the same so I lethim strike first with his paladin. He has heroic killing blow so decides to put his attacks against the gore bull, he hist twice and fails to wound,he nedded 6's so I wasn't that worried. The gorebull strikes back and promptly tears his foe to pieces wiping his **** with the brets battle standard! the knight and horses attack and slay 5 gors I attack and slay one knight. I lose combat by four....fail my ld TWICE!:wtf: Then the noble knights:rolleyes: run them down, up side to this is they are way out of postion now. On to the bestigor fight, Now I'm a gentlemen so even though the wyrmlance states if not in combat can do a breathweapon attack I gave it to him sooo I being the same again cause he charged I let him go first...his paladin unleashed the breath weapon killing 4 bestigor than 2 more with his attacks. Ul-Ruk looking to get some revenge for his battle standard allocates his attacks against the paladin.,.... a slaughter! I hit all 5 attacks and wound with all he fails 3 saves and his general is dead! His horses attack the bestigors and slay 1 than the knights attack slaying 6 more! my bestigors attack and slay 5 more knights. He wins combat but thanks to my crown of command I'm stubbron and hold.

The sinster staute must be an old herd stone as no hits are done to my units. The KotR take 5 hits and lose 1 and the questing knights take 3 hits which are saved.

A close battle so far!
Beatmen fortitude 5
Bretonnia fortitude 3

Beastmen turn 2:

Movemnt CHAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!!!!! the minotaurs smash into the flank of the questing knights, the harpies charge the trebuchette. The gorwith shamman reform to face the left flank.

Magic Phase: I roll low only 5 but I'm able to get wildform off on the bestigors.

Combat phase: The harpies slaughter the trebuchette crew leaving only one which fails to hit, the trebuchette crew breaks and is destroyed. Ul-Ruk strikes first slaying 4 knights with his 5 attacks! Next the minotaurs peel into the questing knight and do horrible! Even with frenzy from the tower of blood they only kill 2! The last knight and his horse fail to wound and or hit the bestigors and is finished by the magic fueled strength of the bestigors axes! Their standard befouled by the bestigors and their dead eaten by the blood-mad minotaurs!

The sinster staute does no hits are done to my units. 3 to the kotr.

Beatmen fortitude 5
Bretonnia fortitude 2

GAME OVER!!!!!!!

we did play one more turn( forgot that breaking point was 2 not 1,we've been playing way too much 1500pts before this) the last turn saw him move into postion for a risky charge by me and nothing happen in his shooting or magic phase. my last turn saw the bestigors charge the KotR on a 14" charge and slaughter them, they ended up being stubborn but he rolled an 11 for his ld and promptly ran off the board.

Gorak
13-08-2010, 07:12
Ul-Ruk bellowed in Victory! His cry was answered by his warherd! They had slaughtered the hated men and defiled their bright colours! Gorak Bloodmane had been defeated but Amon Gorehide had risen to take his place literarly beating out the rest of the minotaurs in the warherd for the right to take up Ul-Ruk's personal banner.

A great feast was held once again but before even the bestigors could get too deep into thier cups an ungor scout staggered into camp. " You!" bellowed Ul-Ruk at the haggled Ungor. "Sorry great Lord." the ungor was cut short. In two great strides Ul-Ruk crossed the camp and cut him groin to chin where he stood."Fool! Never fail in your duties to me." snarled Ul-Ruk contempously as he spit on the corpse. Just than a second raider appered from the shadows less hagered than the last. "Great Lord!" spoke the ungor "SPEAK NO HORN!" barked Ul-Ruk. "Yessss great master, thier aproches an army of skinny ones moves through the moutain pass to the west." snifled the ungor. "Then we will crush this one in the pass! So none can escape and our feast will be doubled!" Anounced Ul-Ruk. A great cry went up from the warherd

"Tear down their totems, befoul their colours!
Kill the kings and burn the priest! Into the mud with them, break their skulls and eat their hearts!"

Kill the kings and burn the priest! Into the mud with them, break their skulls and eat their hearts!"

Over and Over they chanted, the warherd was on the warpath once more. As the herd gathered Ul-Ruk advisor and chief shamman Blood-Raven aproached his Lord."Great Victories we've had o'warleader" hissed Blood-Raven "This I know, speak of somthing I do not know of. Like the will of the gods my future." replied Ul-Ruk barley keeping his calm. " Yeeeeees oh great one, pardons. The gods smile on our offferings and I for see a bloodbath in the mountain pass, great many will fall and If you offer a noble elf to the gods much greatness will be in the future. More herds will join with yours and other Beastlords will kneel before you." whispered Blood-Raven

Next game battle in the mountain pass. Ul-Ruk's Warherd once again battles High Elves in the old world.

w3rm
13-08-2010, 14:56
Oh yes :D. Cant wait for the next one! Wow that bret game was fast and bloody! Just the way I like 'em :evilgrin: