PDA

View Full Version : Kroxigor great reach.

bfeijter
06-08-2010, 17:39
Hi all, another quik question :s

Krox used to be able to attack from the seccond rank.
Now however every model can do that.

I recall reading somewhere that if a model would give a simmular bonus.
You just add it.
So can krox attack over 2 lines of skinks now?
And what if they use spears. can you attack over 3 rows?

thanks in advance

Hawkkf
06-08-2010, 17:42
The FAQ removes the great reach rule because the standard rules already cover it. As a side note by removing the rule entirely it means they cannot be attacked back while in the second rank.

CoolKidRoc
06-08-2010, 17:42
The faqs say to ignore great reach for kroxigar.

So now you can still have them in second rank, but they get three attacks for being monstrous creatures.

CoolKidRoc
06-08-2010, 17:43
ninja sneaky

bfeijter
06-08-2010, 17:50
ah ok, not to familiar with the faqs of every army yet.
Do you still need to fit 8 skinks per krox in a unit?

CoolKidRoc
06-08-2010, 17:55
Looks that way, nothing in the FAQ about that http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1310257a_FAQ_Lizardmen_2010_v11.pdf

Caladin
06-08-2010, 18:26
As for the spears yes they attack in 3 ranks to the front.

Jetty Smurf
06-08-2010, 19:08
Except neither krox nor skinks can get spears.

The kroxigor will be in the second rank, and they will be attacking with their full 3 attacks each. As it (the LM FAQ) reads now, the kroxigor are immune to frontal attacks whilst there are still enough skinks to fill the front rank.

boreas
06-08-2010, 20:55
Hi! A conundrum appeared in a lizardmen discussion... Lizardmen have a mixed unit that contains both skink (T2 W1 20mm models) and Kroxigors (T4 W3 40mm models). Now, du to rules, kroxigors must be placed on the second rank of the unit until there are less skinks in the first rank than the width of the krox in the secon rank. So, if we have a unit that has 6 skinks in the front and 2 kroxigors on the second rank and that units gets attacked in CC. The attacks are made against the skinks (in the front), but are the wounds removed on the Kroxigors (which would, then, have been wounded on T2!)?

On one hand, the rules are quite clear: casualties must be removed from the rear of the unit. On the other hand, you can only attack models with which you are in CC. PLus, you have to remove as many whole models as possible...

What do you all think? Would the same thing happen with a slaan?

Paraelix
06-08-2010, 22:54
Similar kind of boat for the spell that requires a S test to do things... You must use the Krox as it is the highest value :D

Hawkkf
06-08-2010, 23:17
The attacks are made against the skinks (in the front), but are the wounds removed on the Kroxigors (which would, then, have been wounded on T2!)?

I would imagine that since you are attacking skinks you can only kill skinks. (Kinda like if 3 models atack a champ and 2 wounds go through only the champion dies. The extra wound doesn't carry over to the unit.) Therefore you always take the rearmost skink. However, the kroxigor immediately shuffle forward if space opens up for any lower initiative attacks to be able to target them.

Jetty Smurf
07-08-2010, 08:23
Agree with the above. The wounds would not carry over. Well they shouldn't at least. I would love for someone to post with a page reference of whether or not this occurs. But that's how I would play it, based on the champion precedent.

Kind of makes a skrox unit stronger than it should be, really. But I can't think of anything I have read in the rules that would lead me to believe otherwise.

mattjgilbert
07-08-2010, 11:06
Wouldn't the same issue have occured in 7th ed?

JonnyTHM
07-08-2010, 13:51
Agree with the above. The wounds would not carry over. Well they shouldn't at least. I would love for someone to post with a page reference of whether or not this occurs. But that's how I would play it, based on the champion precedent.

Kind of makes a skrox unit stronger than it should be, really. But I can't think of anything I have read in the rules that would lead me to believe otherwise.

Not that I particularly think that the wounds should carry over onto the kroxigors, but the precedent from champions is actually the reverse of what you're suggesting. If you kill everything except for the champion in the unit, the wounds spill over onto the champion. Yes, the reverse isn't true, but in a unit of skinks, I'd say that kroxigors are much more like a champion than the skinks are - at the very least, I'd say it's incongruous to treat the skinks like champions.

CoolKidRoc
07-08-2010, 14:22
Honestly, It seems like they are treated like Heroes in a unit, then a Champion, and wounds don't carry on to Heroes right?

As for the issue in 7th, them Errataing Great Reach out for 8th edition left open the hole of what to do.

Caboose123
07-08-2010, 22:40
Removing casualties (In the shooting section, to which the combat section refers you to.)
Page 45,
"Although casualties would fall amongst the front rank, for the purposes of game play we remove models from the rear rank of a unit. This keeps the formation neat..."

So yeah, maybe technically you wound the skinks and kill the Kroxigors, but its clearly not how its supposed to be played. Look at the The Spirit of the Game sidebar on page 3.