PDA

View Full Version : 2k WoC - Cannon and Knights

TheKingInYellow
06-08-2010, 20:28
Man is it hard to find spare points with this army.

Have a game upcoming against either Skaven or OnG, but I don't want a tailored list. I want a Hellcannon for sure (they sound like fun) and Knights because I love them, so here is the list and some unit notes:

LORDS
Sorcerer Lord - 415pts
L4, Mark of Tzeentch, Disc, Conjoined Homunculus, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Biting Blade, Blood of Tzeentch
Flying, 2+/3++ artillery

HEROES
Exalted Hero - 240pts
BSB, Mark of Tzeentch, Stream of Corruption, Sword of Anti-Heroes, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance
Survivable BSB at 2+/4++, good challenge fighter as well, will bunker with Tzeentch Warriors for the anvil and roll out the Stream of Corruption if they get swamped

CORE
17 Chaos Warriors - 355pts
Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command, Hand Weapon, Shield, Razor Standard
Rock hard anvil at 3+/5++, a little extra punch from the Razor Standard too, could switch to Blasted Standard also

12 Chaos Warriors - 250pts
Mark of Khorne, Musician, Standard, Halberds, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame
Hammer #1 and a little fire insurance in the case of an HPA arrival, although I include this in most any list so it's not specific to Skaven

35 Chaos Marauders - 205pts
Mark of Khorne, Great Weapons
Cheap but deadly!

3 x 5 Chaos Warhounds - xx pts
War machine hunters, mage hunters, flankers, disrupters, you name it

SPECIAL
5 Chaos Knights - 240pts
Mark of Khorne, Musician
Hammer #2, and also a nice intimidation factor!

RARE
Hellcannon
Just because...

My biggest concern with this list is that a big horde could over-run them. I'll need to choose my battles carefully, and pray for good Hellcannon rolls.

Any other comments or critiques are very much welcome!

Jericho
06-08-2010, 21:48
Blood of Tzeentch/Homunculus is overkill IMO. Blood of Tzeentch is fine, maybe give him Third Eye to steal spells if the enemy rolls really good ones. Roar is still good too, I use it to kill war machine crews all the time.

I don't think your BSB is legal I'm afraid, remember you must use the army book cost of common items like the Enchanted Shield, even if it's higher. Book of Secrets/Collar of Khorne and a mundane shield or halberd is a fun multi-purpose build, Lore of Death or Shadow can be very handy depending on the situation. MR2 for the unit doesn't hurt either. Especially with MoT :)

For other tweaks, I'd consider swapping the Hounds for 2x6 or 2x7 and using the spare couple of points to buy the Marauders more command. Musician at minimum. Trolls are a good swap out for the Knights if you get bored with the list. They do similar roles, and for about the same points cost. Trolls are often slightly cheaper.

The list looks pretty good overall, the BSB is the only mandatory change and the rest is up to you.

TheKingInYellow
06-08-2010, 22:43
Oh poop. I really liked that BSB build...