PDA

View Full Version : 3k High Elf

D'Haran
07-08-2010, 02:13
So I've been trying out alot of different lists and I doubt this will be my final draft it feels like the right time for feedback.

Total 2965 (+15 or 30)

Lords
Archmage Lvl 4 360
-Book of Hoeth
Lore of Life
General

Heroes
Mage Lvl 2 150+(15 or 30)
Jewel of the Dusk
Amulet of Fire/Sacred Incense (not sure which)
Lore of Metal

Noble 160
BSB
Guardian Phoenix
Armour of Caledor

Core
LSGx20 275
Standard
Musician

LSGx20 275
Standard
Musician

LSGx20 275
Standard
Musician

Special
Dragon Princesx6 225
Musician
Standard
BoE

Dragon Princesx6 210
Musician
Standard
BoK (considering putting it on a LSG unit)

PGx20 380
FC
BoS

WL'sx15 270
FC
Lichbone Pennant

SM'sx15 275
FC
Ironcurse Iron
Obsidian Trinket

Rare
Great Eaglex2 100

Comments and Opinions welcome, thx.

D'Haran
07-08-2010, 13:07
or the right time for me to assume that I'm perfect and feedback is something I passed a few lists ago...

Trains_Get_Robbed
07-08-2010, 13:27
Good list. Change the lores around. Give the A.M Shadows or Death, and give the 2nd Lvl Mage life. I take Silverwand and Reaver Bow stick and stick in LSG. Take our S.M block to increase size of P.G and W.L blocks. No offense but your paying 15 points for a two attack model and getting only one attack from the second rank, not worth points. Cut out BoE on one unit, its really useless. Also instead if 3 LSG blocks, get only one and get 2-3 Spear blocks instead. Lastly take out lichebone pennat and a D.P in one of the units, and you may have enough for either a Noble with on B.Steed and 50 points of kit to join that unit for more killing power or you could by a treee trunker for a 100, which can always come in handy.

*I wrote on another post that was more in depth, (2,500) I think probably a few down. Essentially with your A.M having Death, he will be generating an extra 3-8 dice per turn depending on how well you bank with purple sun which could elimnate good portions of oppnets army, cast the other life spells and charcter/monster snipes if he attmpts to dispell which shouldn't be possible unless L.M with BoH and 6 dice at a 25 cast vaule.

D'Haran
07-08-2010, 13:43
Good feedback mate, thx. I'll take a look at the changes u suggested and see what works for me.

Guardian of the Rage
08-08-2010, 06:05
Hey D'Haran,

I like this list, though did you forget to put the Great weapon on the BSB, can't really see a reason for not using it when in that combo.

If you make the changes that Trains suggested regarding the SMs then our lists will be starting to look remarkably similar. You might think about combining the princes too; able to break ranks which seems vital in this edition. They will be an imposing target after that though of course.

Just some thoughts,

Kind regards,
GotR

D'Haran
08-08-2010, 20:48
Ya i noticed the noble lacking the GW and fixed it, strangely enough I had already merged the DP's... I get the feeling that I like your play style Guardian.

This leaves 350 points in the open, i'm thinking 2 RBT after putting the fire banner on my seaguard so they can nurf anybody with regen (abominations figure largely in this thinking) so the RBT can then follow up. Also I'm considering taking telcis rather than an AM, the other choice I am considering is a Lion Chariot.

Any thoughts on these changes?

Honestly I'd love to take more eagles but i don't have the models or money before 'ard boyz.

Guardian of the Rage
08-08-2010, 21:15
Hey again D'Haran,

Interesting hey, the RBTs option sounds remarkably familiar too! On a more practical note, the inclusion of multiple eagles will enable you to view a great deal of the enemy's deployment first, as well as hunt those infernal warmachines. The going first chance can be evened out with the skein sliver.

Teclis is also a solid choice if you don't intent to defend him with items, he is a one man magic phase for the army. If you do take him then drop the mage to a level 1 as he will be unable to cast anything (the enemy will use all D on him!).

Also, you might consider the banner of eternal flame on the white lions instead. They are most likely to be facing down enemy cavalry and beasts (including the abomination).

Just some food fro thought.

Kind regards,
GotR