PDA

View Full Version : How rare are the Battle Magic card decks exactly?

Vandelan
07-08-2010, 07:34
I was in my local hobby shop to pick up some of the new Daemon goodies, and I bought the (apparently) only copy of the Daemons Magic deck at the store.

As I paid for the merchandise, I was advised to hold on to it and to not open it as their limited availability would likely make them worth more on the secondary market.

I'm just wondering, exactly how hard will these magic decks be to get?

slayerofmen
07-08-2010, 08:53
1) was it a staff member that advised you not to open it?

2) they are rare enough for people to want to find them on ebay, maybe not yet but soonish.

i have both the daemon cards and the main cards, i bought my mate the beastmen cards a week or so ago and i only got hold of those because my local GW found some in the bottom of a box

xxRavenxx
07-08-2010, 09:38
Max 4 per independant retailer (excluding wayland, presumably).

Theyre a short run, and probably in higher demand than beastman magic due to the number of demon players.

Dont hold your breath on becoming a millionaire with them though :P I'd just be glad you got them, and have fun with them. You stand to make maybe 5 from flogging them on later when theyre hard to get.

Haravikk
07-08-2010, 10:35
I wouldn't expect too much of them, I mean whenever a new army book comes out they'll presumably create a new run of cards to match, and probably not a limited edition one.

You'll get far more out of them by using them.

Fobster
07-08-2010, 10:37
well there was a signed copy of the 7th ed book floating around on ebay aus for $50 bucks. reposted several times, over the last year. seems people are only prepared to pay for things that have gaming worth or cool factor, which magic cards probably lack. Also against them is the fact that the game gets republished every four years which puts a time line on them.

if it was a limited ed figure it figure different story. magic cards...

Grimthug
07-08-2010, 13:56
They seem to be VERY rare at this point. My store wanted 4, we where told we where only 'alotted" two. Yesterday the sales rep calls in and informs us we will be getting none. We where given a credit for the 'lost profit".

This is really starting to tork me off. GW did the right thing on the profit so the store doesn't lose the benefit of the sale but the customer service aspect sucks. I have yet to check on whether the GW online store has them but if so my nerd rage will explode. 8th edition was the first time we where unable to get any of either the collectors or the bag specials editions. It seems to me that GW is really ignoring thier suppossed business partners at the retail level with 8th edition product.

Grimthug

shelfunit.
07-08-2010, 14:32
Max 4 per independant retailer (excluding wayland, presumably).

Thats odd, I just watched about 10 sets being unpacked at my local yesterday, although it was in Switzerland and they may have a different quota in Europe...

jullevi
07-08-2010, 15:28
As far as I can see, both the Beastmen and Daemon Magic Cards are currently available from GW site, although Beastmen Magic Cards were marked "out of stock" for a while couple of weeks ago.

orkz222
07-08-2010, 15:28
I got mine from maelstrom and they are still accepting orders for it.

RealMikeBob
07-08-2010, 23:15
I was in the Dundee shop today and they seemed to have loads of Daemon sets available. Didn't see any Beastmen ones though, although I wasn' looking.