PDA

View Full Version : 2k empire

hennerz
07-08-2010, 15:52
i've just started a empire army and have bought a battalion and genral.
i am looking to expand the army to include a bit of everthing up to about the 2000 points mark but i don't have a lot of money to spend but i am looking for a compeative army.

and points would be much help.

ElvenGravy
07-08-2010, 19:53
Well, buy a warrior priest( with great weapon), a mortar or 2, the wizard box, and if you have extra money, another box of great swords. youre looking at around $120us for new stuff.

make the state troopers into swordsmen or halbediers as spearmen would be my last choice of the three options.

later on, buff up the state troops and get more warmachines. A competitive Empire army will have at least 4 (2x cannons 2x mortars). u can covert an engineer with bitz too.

hope this helps.

LanceSaba
07-08-2010, 20:53
i would just go to suggest another box set and use some knights they really rock the joint because they have a good armor save and are CORE. also i would go with big blocks of halberds and smaller detachment of swordsmen then some archers as a screen as they wont cause panic and give the unit behind hard cover. gun powder for the win as that is what empire is all about.

also I though of a good 2k list if you can proxy for now. it has a an arch lector 2 mounted priests (naked with great weapons) 2 small units of knights (GW also) an engineer a cannon and 2 blocks of flagellants. most of it is unbreakable and the knights can be made unbreakable with the blessings. it is small but everything must be killed to the man. good fluff to if you are into that =)

hennerz
07-08-2010, 20:56
thanks guys i forget to say ive got the old battaion

hennerz
12-09-2010, 17:08
come on guys a little help