PDA

View Full Version : Giants and Yell and Brawl

stashman
07-08-2010, 16:06
Lets say that 2 giants charge a unit of spearmen (both I)

All fights at the same time.

What if the first giant rolls Yell and Brawl (win combat with -2). Is that before stomp attacks?

And what if the next giant also rolls yell and brawl?

Win by 2 or by 4 ??

Chaos Undecided
07-08-2010, 16:18
I'd say its always win by 2 no matter whether one giant yells and bawls or two, the way the entry states that the giant nor models in contact with him actually fight if they have not already done so makes me wonder if the giants would actually be allowed to Thunderstomp afterwards if they rolled this result.

Urgat
07-08-2010, 21:40
Yell and brawl makes you win by two, it doesn't give you a +2 bonus to combat resolution, so they won't stack, you win by two, period. So yeah, it can potentially make you win by much less than you could have expected, say if the first giant jumps and kills 10, and the other one yells, you only win by two, tough luck. Yell and brawl is often a bad deal.

Arnizipal
07-08-2010, 23:12
Since Yell and Bawl automatically lets you win combat, I would say that the combat is over at that point. None of the units involved is allowed to fight anymore and you go straight to rolling break tests. So no tunderstomps either. That part of combat is skipped entirely.

Kalandros
08-08-2010, 01:46
the combat is in no way over as soon as you roll, if models are not in base contact with the giant and can attack other units then they may still make their attacks, they just don't factor in for who wins - the giant's side will win by 2,.

Ethos
08-08-2010, 02:30
Although, if the unit(s) that is/are attacking the Giant(s) kill the Giant, then the Giant's "win by 2" doesn't count because he's dead.

But...! What if a Giant, plus unit A, attack unit B. Unit B kills off the Giant, but at the same time the Giant rolls Yell and Brawl. Does unit A win by 2?

Nkari
08-08-2010, 04:09
As long as the giant is dead by the time you roll for breaktests yell and brawl have no effect.

stashman
08-08-2010, 09:57
Since attacking at the same time, giants suck big!

eyescrossed
08-08-2010, 16:55
Why does everyone keep saying "Yell and Brawl"?

Not to be nitpicky, but that result makes him scream and "cry", not roar a challenge in a pub.

Although knowing Giants, they're just as likely to do the latter...

fenrisnorth
09-08-2010, 22:17
Now that two units with the same I can go at the same time I would be more worried about what would happen if the two giants charged eachother.

knightime98
10-08-2010, 07:52
Another forum with great rules monitoring shows this as it's result;

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/GLWL/message/19105

Note that there are many posts with other related giant questions on this forum.
Not to say that this is correct but it seems to be accepted within that gaming community as it's standard.

Edit: If you had 2 giants against empire spearmen and all of them are I 3 then the combat does end after a yell and brawl AFTER all models with that same initiative have had their attacks. Reason for this is that there is simultaneous attacks now. Just because you roll the dice first does not mean that your action happens first... Which would mean that your other giant would also get his attacks if your first yell and bawled because once again it is simultaneous....

My thoughts on it anyhow hope it helps.