PDA

View Full Version : Question about Empire Grand Masters

Col. Custard
07-08-2010, 19:52
Okay, so I have read the army book, where it states a Grand Master must go into the same 'temple' of knights. Now I keep reading my armybook, and I do not see where you pay any kind of points/ect to make your knights a certain faction. Is there something I am missing here?

danny-d-b
07-08-2010, 19:57
nope- there is no rule even they have to join knights of the same order- the rule just says there has to be a unit of knights so you could have the grand master of the white rose leading knights of the blasing sun

Col. Custard
07-08-2010, 20:04
Okay, so if I am getting this right, it is more of just a 'fluff' rule than something hard and binding, correct? I can see the find muck that having a blazing sun grand master leading a unit of Knights Panther would do. Unless that is just a throwback to the previous codex I was looking at.

Commodus Leitdorf
07-08-2010, 20:16
nope- there is no rule even they have to join knights of the same order- the rule just says there has to be a unit of knights so you could have the grand master of the white rose leading knights of the blasing sun

Actually no, thats not true. The Grand Master must be of the same order as the unit they join in order for those knights to benefit from his special rules. (Got the GM knights panther model in a unit of White Wolf Knights? Nope! rule doesn't work!)

Its a stupid fluff rule that exists for the Empire (along with the "only one War Altar" rule) that I thought they would fix with the last FAQ.

That being said, unless your playing with a real hard nosed RAW player, I don't think it is an issue. I've never met anyone THAT anal about the rules....but that is what the rule says.

Caboose123
07-08-2010, 22:14
Silly follow up question: You are allowed make up your own order of knights though? You are not just limited to the big 3? (I remember a WD had an article on more obscure knight orders)

So you could always say to a hard-nosed RAW player that these guys are your own order who look suspiciously like White Wolf Knights, but their higher rank members always wear different emblems and armour, say suspiciously similar to Knights Panther.

Commodus Leitdorf
07-08-2010, 23:07
Silly follow up question: You are allowed make up your own order of knights though? You are not just limited to the big 3? (I remember a WD had an article on more obscure knight orders)

So you could always say to a hard-nosed RAW player that these guys are your own order who look suspiciously like White Wolf Knights, but their higher rank members always wear different emblems and armour, say suspiciously similar to Knights Panther.

In a situation like that I do believe your fine. GW encourages making your own knightly orders and such...heck my knights are an order I made up myself with a GM I also made (I really wanted an excuse to use the Borgio the Besieger model)

Its a dumb fluff rule that shouldn't exist at all, but it does exist and it's important people are aware of it in the event they meet...you know...one of those players.

Caboose123
07-08-2010, 23:32
Awesome, I shall assemble my Knights of the "Order of the Suspicious Plagueurist" :P