PDA

View Full Version : New 8th Ed army - 2500 Daemons.

Soulshade
07-08-2010, 21:03
Heya guys. Ive decided that for 8th Im gunna do a new army. Now this was originaly Skaven, but now I know that the IoB minis will include them, im not overly fussed about them. I enjoy playing the minority armys.
So, with Daemons reciveing the nerf they so rightly needed. Its now passable to actualy play them at my LGC and not get spat on. So heres my first attempt.

Heroes
[190]Herald of Khorne - BSB, Sundering Standard, Armour
[140]Herald of Slanesh - Eitherblade
[140]Herald of Tzeech - MoS

Core
[549]38 Pink Horrors - FC, Icon of Sorcery, Changeling (10x4)
[306]23 Bloodletters - FC (6x4)
[258]19 Daemonettes - FC (5x4)

Special
[295]10 Seekers - FC, Siren Standard

Rare
[210]6 Flamers
[400]5 Bloodcrushers - FC

Total 2488

thoughts guys? All constructive input will be rewarded with rep :p

Chaos Undecided
07-08-2010, 21:45
You have 80 lesser daemons on total split between your three core choices at present personally I'd spread them around a bit more evenly. Say maybe 25 in each of the units of Daemonettes and Letters as these two are going to have to do their fair share of fighting and at this point level chances are you'll be facing some large enemy units. Then you still have 30 horrors still enough to have a good casting level and you can still field them 10 wide to maximise their attacks.

Soulshade
08-08-2010, 18:02
Ok some refinements along with tactics!

Heroes
[190]Herald of Khorne - Juggernaut, Armour, Firestorm Blade
[140]Herald of Slanesh - Eitherblade
[240]Herald of Tzeech - BSB, Standard of Sundering, Master of Sorcery, Spell breaker.

Core
[429]29 Pink Horrors - FC, Icon of Sorcery, Changeling (10x3, HoT here)
[306]20 Bloodletters - FC (6x4, HoK here)
[258]19 Daemonettes - FC (5x4, HoS here)

Special
[295]10 Seekers - FC, Siren Standard

Rare
[140]4 Flamers
[140]4 Flamers

Total 2502 - 2 points over.....

Ok First the changes. Dropped 10 Horrors, the last spell wasnt to great and its alot of points for 10 wounds. Changed the BSB to the HoT. A 4+ Ward and it being a wizard should help it survive, though the HoK would be nice with a 1+ As and the 5+ ward. Thoughts on that? Increased the flamers, though Im not sure on the rules for them. Do they get D6 shots each? Or per unit?

Ok tactics. The mage block goes central. Flamers go on far flanks mostly for baiting. The units form up for intercepting anything going at the Horrors and the Cavalry line up for flanks / Warmachine duty. This will get refined as I try it out I guess :P

Dreadgrass
09-08-2010, 00:50
Okay, In 8th I believe theres a 25% cap on rares, so your slightly over there (25% of a 2500pt list being 625pts), possibly consider trimming down the crushers?

In the game I've had against daemons (haven't played as them in 8th yet) I was mauled by horde units of core troops. I could handle the Thirster he used, I could beat back the Hounds (which are still a great unit for flanking btw, on the turn they hit the flank they add +2 CR for flank and charging, plus they're quite good at killing) and the Flamers, but ranked Bloodletters with a herald tore through my Chaos Warrior combat units like they weren't even there! In a nutshell, ranked combat daemons (especially hordes) are very brutal!

Not sure what seekers are like in 8th, but the vanguard move could make them handy flankers and warmachine hunters though...

Soulshade
09-08-2010, 12:05
Good advice thanks, cant beleive I didnt notice the rare thing :p. Ive also droped alot of the unit champs, 20points for +1A is a bit steep. The HoK is on foot now aswell, so he can get LoS

Heroes
[140]Herald of Khorne - Armour, Firestorm Blade
[90]Herald of Slaanesh
[235]Herald of Tzeech - BSB, Standard of Sundering, Master of Sorcery, Winged Horror.
[140]Herald of Slaanesh - Steed, Siren song

Core
[429]29 Pink Horrors - FC, Icon of Sorcery, Changeling (10x3, HoT here)
[331]23 Bloodletters - FC, Icon of Endless War (6x4, HoK here)
[271]19 Daemonettes - Mus, Standard, Banner of Ecstasy(5x4, HoS here)

Special
[259]9 Seekers - Mus, Standard, Siren Standard

Rare
[105]3 Flamers
[105]3 Flamers

total 2505, I need to drop a mus from a unit I think.

Im still considering rolling with Tombkings though. Ive still this anyoing thought in the back of my mind Im gunna be spit on whenever I field this :p. Do you guys ever have problems with your Daemon lists? Ever had someone just not play you becasue of it? Or do you keep it specificaly for tournys?