PDA

View Full Version : Looking for campaign rules

Nurglicious
08-08-2010, 00:36
Is planetary empires good enough to use as a campaign guide? I would like to use planetstrike, cities of death and apocalypse during the campaign. I wish i could represent a map where each person chooses a location, but the fog of war may surprise them when they move.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

ForgottenLore
08-08-2010, 03:05
I was fairly disappointed in Planetary Empires (and the recent Mighty Empires).

I didn't think the tiles had enough interesting terrain types and the so-called rules that come with them are so stripped down and simplistic as to barely be worth reading.

I would much more recommend doing your own campaign rules and map. (which, BTW, I would be very interested in see what you came up with if you did).

chromedog
08-08-2010, 05:22
Wait.

Planetary empires came with rules?
I must have missed them.
There's no way that a decent set of campaign rules came in that pamphlet in the box - in 16 languages or not.

PE does not contain any better campaign rules than any of the last three 40k rulebooks.

Stinkfoot
08-08-2010, 05:45
I posted campaign rules I've used/wrote a while ago. They made for a great campaign, though it was pretty involved. Check them out:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150874&highlight=40k+gothic+linked+campaign

Stinkfoot
08-08-2010, 05:46
And, actually, another guy posted his own campaign rules in that thread - so click through and you'll have two campaign resources!