PDA

View Full Version : Who is Angorath???

Gotreksbrother
03-03-2006, 18:41
Hi, I was wondering whom Angorath is and if he/it has any rules??

cheers, Gotreksbro

Brimstone
03-03-2006, 18:46
This is An'ggrath the Unbound (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/bloodt.htm) and his rules are in Imperial Armour Update 2005. (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/imparm05.htm)

Gotreksbrother
03-03-2006, 18:51
Why thanks for an amazingly fast reply!

cheers, Gobro

skyfyre
03-03-2006, 20:49
I think of him as "Codex Hollywood Daemons Vol I: Khorne"

boogle
03-03-2006, 20:58
funnily enough he shares the same points cost as a Lord of Darkness and has a lot of 8's in his stats

Escaflowne_Z
03-03-2006, 22:46
aka Run, little Grey Knights, run! *calls Warhound Titan*

Azazel
03-03-2006, 22:56
Ang'grath the Unbound would rip a Warhound Titans head off in one round of Combat. He's so mean.

Inquisitor Maul
03-03-2006, 23:19
*calls Warmonger-class Imperator Titan to bombard him from miles away*

Moi Dix Mois
03-03-2006, 23:31
Pfft. The Grey Knights took out a Primarch, they can handle him.

StarFyre
03-03-2006, 23:37
I did playtest with GKs vs ang'grath ...DH can take him out..but other armies get raped for most part...tau could do it with all their heavy guns...

Sanjay

Azazel
03-03-2006, 23:53
Grey Knights? Bwahaha. Yeah right. Of course it's possibile to get a fluke Wound off it then pass your Psychic Test for your Force Weapon. But nine times out of ten, Anggrath is the single most deadly thing in Close Combat. Ever.

EDIT: Best thing to kill him with. A Unit of Genestealers with Implant Attack.

boogle
04-03-2006, 00:01
and a Broodlord of course

StarFyre
04-03-2006, 01:44
Nope...my DH army uses Coteaz

with his daemonhammer...ang'grath can't attack back, until next round...

what we did was a quick battle but I had to get a grand master in close combat with it..along with coteaz...grand master had the item that drops chaos I by 1...
then coteaz goes first and wound him (if he wounded him)..etc

also GK have other abilities that help...in close combat it basically becomes either coteaz takes him out or BT wins...

another way to take him out actually is the railgun heavy tau army :)

max # of broadsides + hammerheads with railguns + anything else with railguns.

If you hit it..it most likely will wound it ...since it can't fly like fantasy..still takes a few rounds of fire before it can reach u..as long as u hit it and it fails some of it's invul saves..it will die :)

Sanjay

Azazel
04-03-2006, 01:54
Are you kidding? He's Toughness eight, with eight Wounds! And he has the best save in the game 2+/4+!

Coteaz needs a six to Wound it. Are you actually using his rules? Or just a regular Bloodthirsters?

azimaith
04-03-2006, 01:57
Rending claws + implant attack? Tyranids wouldn't have too much of a problem there.

Most of the big uber monsters seem to be paper tigers.

boogle
04-03-2006, 02:24
doesn't his Daemonhammer give him S6, so it would be 5's not 6's?

Azazel
04-03-2006, 02:41
Nope. With a puny Strength six he'd need sixes to Wound.

StarFyre
04-03-2006, 04:42
wrong...coteaz has an annointed demon hammer...annointed weapons always wound demons on a 4+...and he can reroll failed wound rolls. However, you can only have 1 annointed weapon/army.

SO for me as i said..my army is made kinda to dealwith stuff like that but it's not easy. I need a grandmaster and coteaz in combat since I need the item to reduce iniative by 1 and the item that reduces weapon skill (don't need this but it helps...a lot).. so in our battles..when i sacrificed some GKs and then was able to get coteaz and retinue + GM in close combat with it...they smoked him (sometimes they died)...but the fact is...if your tool up your DH, no deamon or demon prince is a problem...

however, i would die against all other armies.

My army, at 2k points...has 34 models or something dumb like that...hehe

Sanjay

pyramid_head
04-03-2006, 06:56
as with all things, enough lascannons will settle all disputes.

Dreachon
04-03-2006, 08:12
rending genestealers with implant attack, just 4 failed saves and he's toast, face him 4 times and all 4 times the genies got him the moment he appeared

skyfyre
04-03-2006, 14:20
I don't think my eldar would have an easy time dealing with him. The best strategy would be to simply run away w/ fast moving skimmers and transports. At his points cost he'd have a really hard time earning his points back if your opponent is fast enough to keep away from him.

Other than that the only thing that could possibly tie him up would be a large seer council w/ fortune, which may actually work considering he doesn't ignore invulnerable saves.

Azazel
04-03-2006, 16:32
Muhahaha about Coteaz. So what he needs a four plus to Wound? Anggrath would just Intantly Kill him with one hit of his Whip. ;)

Grimtuff
04-03-2006, 16:35
Muhahaha about Coteaz. So what he needs a four plus to Wound? Anggrath would just Intantly Kill him with one hit of his Whip. ;)

Yes, but Coteaz is going first and has a load of albative wounds in the form of 4 Acolytes

Ubik_Lives
04-03-2006, 16:40
Not to mention that Coteaz is S4 anyway, so he'd be up to S8 with the deamonhammer. Combined with his reroll to wounds and high number of attacks, he shouldn't have any problems in perpetually stopping An'ggrath from attacking.

Azazel
04-03-2006, 16:40
Yeah. And he has an Invunrable save, and Anggrath could miss or fail to Wound. Hence the ;).

Well, if ever I see Coteaz I'll just mob him with Khorne Bezerkers instead. :P

StarFyre
04-03-2006, 23:46
I'll bet my GKs and GM vs your berzerkers :)

I only put coteaz in my army to deal with all the people who have crazy daemon princes in their army...

Not worth time trying to plan around them...just use coteaz and a GM to waste it...

But like i said..i'll get crushed against any non chaos player...rofl :)

Sanjay

Orbital
05-03-2006, 00:22

You remind me of this episode of The Little Rascals where Spanky and Alfalfa were having an argument over whether Tarzan or Superman would win in a fist fight.

Orbital
05-03-2006, 00:24
I don't think my eldar would have an easy time dealing with him.

If I knew I was going up against this bad boy I'd probably load up on Rangers. It's still a long way to go for them to actually kill His Royal Ugliness, but hitting on 4, wounding on 2 is the best start I can think of.

pyramid_head
05-03-2006, 00:28
If I knew I was going up against this bad boy I'd probably load up on Rangers. It's still a long way to go for them to actually kill His Royal Ugliness, but hitting on 4, wounding on 2 is the best start I can think of.

wrong way there chief ;)

Orbital
05-03-2006, 00:38
wrong way there chief ;)

Shows you how often I use Rangers :)

Chimerologist
05-03-2006, 01:30
A guy at my usual hangout has the model, although I've never seen him use it.

I would laugh if a squad of Wraithguard actually managed to send him to the Warp on a lucky shot. It'd be one way to earn thier points. Mind, with a Wraithcannon's 12" range, getting a shot in would be tricky, at best.

Quick math: He's got a 4+ Inv., right? It would take 18 shots, on average. To do that in a single round (and you'd better; the Wraithguard won't get to fire twice), you'd need 18 Wraithguard, which cost over 600 points (not counting the Warlocks; it's at least 2 squads)!

Ultimately, I think I'd go with the 'run away' approach. Most of the Eldar are pretty quick, after all. He should never catch my vehicles, at least.

My fledgling Alpha Legion force would be pretty well screwed, though. They're an all-infiltrate force, which means they have no vehicles, and some fairly limited heavy firepower. I also doubt they'd have the CC punch to kill him in any great hurry. To be honest, though, they're not really intended to be ultra-competitive, so I'm not too worried.

Orbital
05-03-2006, 01:33
I would laugh if a squad of Wraithguard actually managed to send him to the Warp on a lucky shot.

They'd have to do it on that first shot because, with their short range, they'd never get a chance at a second. :)

Chimerologist
05-03-2006, 01:56
They'd have to do it on that first shot because, with their short range, they'd never get a chance at a second.

To do that in a single round (and you'd better; the Wraithguard won't get to fire twice)...

One step ahead of you.:D

Orbital
05-03-2006, 01:58
One step ahead of you.:D

Don't mind me. I get some psychological comfort out of saying things that other people have already said and that everyone knows anyhow. I think of it as a learning disability of a sort. :)

Sildani
05-03-2006, 21:23
Absolutely. The obvious must be stated at some point. :D

dumbuket
05-03-2006, 22:46
How about using the big slannesh daemon? That one strikes first, ignores saves of all kinds, and looks better to boot!