PDA

View Full Version : The Muster of Quellenes! 2500pts

Blackknight1239
08-08-2010, 03:11
Hey guys. I've been working on a 2500pts Bretonnia list, and this is what I got so far. I'm about 360pts shot, and I'm not sure what to fill it with, I got some ideas, but first is the list itself.

Prophetess of the Lady- 286pts
-Level 4 Wizard, Lore of Life, Barded Warhorse, Verdant Heart

Damsel of the Lady- 140pts
-Level 2 Wizard, Lore of Life, Prayer Icon of Quellenes

Paladin- 94pts
-Battle Standard Bearer, Barded Warhorse, Virtue of Empathy, Enchanted Shield

So two Life Wizards means I have a great magic phase that help my Knights stay alive and keeps my infantry tough. The Prohpetess has an item that gives her +1 to cast with Life. She usually goes it alone, but can go with any of the Knight units if I feel she needs more protection. The Damsel goes with the big unit of Men-at-Arms, and the Prayer Icon gives the unit the Blessing of the Lady. Makes a mediocre anvil a pretty good one.

The Battle Standard is a must for a few reasons. With this set up, all my peasants can use his Ld within 8" instead of the normal 6", and he's got a 1+ save.

Knights Errant- 261pts
-12 Knights, Full Command

Knights Errant- 201pts
-9 Knights, Full Command

Knights of the Realm- 240pts
-9 Knights, Full Command

Here are my hammers. Not much to say here. They run into infantry, stab them, and run them down. I hope. They are a little prone to getting stuck in, but with a 2+ save, I'm not worried about that against most infantry.

Men-at-arms- 225pts
-42 Men, Banner, Musician

The anvil. Deploys 7 wide, as to always get the 14 attacks against the most common frontages. 6 ranks deep means steadfast will hang out for a while.

Men-at-arms- 140pts
-25 Men, Spears, Banner, Musician

These guys are less of an anvil and more of a flanking unit, made to get rid of steadfast, or get a flank for a combined charge.

Peasant Bowmen- 100pts
-15 Bowmen, Musician, Braizers

Peasant Bowmen- 100pts
-15 Bowmen, Musician, Braizers

Part one of my shooting base. Cheap, effective, and probably more than worth these 200pts.

Pegasus Knights- 175pts
-3 Knights, Musician

These guys are here for getting rid of gunlines and warmachines. There isn't a whole lot small units can do against these guys.

Trebuchet- 90pts

Trebuchet- 90pts

The only warmachine in the Bret book is a great one. I can hit units for massive damage, and wipe units off the board is I focus on them.

So, that's the base of it. Some ideas for filling the rest out are a mounted Lord with the Virtue of Heroism. A bunch of attacks with Heroic killing blow is always nice. I've also thought of a Lord on Foot with the Crown of Command. Giving my anvil stubborn would be nice. Though, and unit of Questing/Grail Knights could be something to try out as well.

Thoughts?

Blackknight1239
08-08-2010, 23:39
Bumping this!

Blackknight1239
10-08-2010, 06:08
Alright, I worked on it a little more, and it is, at a full 2500pts.

Prophetess of the Lady- 345pts
-Level 4 Wizard, Lore of Life, Barded Warhorse, Book of Ashur, General

Damsel of the Lady- 130pts
-Level 2 Wizard, Lore of Life, Prayer Icon of Quellenes

Paladin- 94pts
-Battle Standard Bearer, Barded Warhorse, Virtue of Empathy, Enchanted Shield

Knights Errant- 261pts
-12 Knights, Full Command

Knights Errant- 201pts
-9 Knights, Full Command

Knights of the Realm- 250pts
-9 Knights, Full Command, Banner of Chalons