PDA

View Full Version : Lore of Beasts - The Amber Spear.

Clyde Arrowny
08-08-2010, 19:06
At the higher casting value, the spear inflicts a Strength 10 hit causing D6 wounds.

Am I to assume that it still penetrates ranks in the same fashion as a bolt thrower starting at strength 10 rather then strength 6?

Loq-Gor
08-08-2010, 19:22
I can't imagine a reason why it wouldn't continue to penetrate ranks.

Mr_Rose
08-08-2010, 22:49
At the higher casting value, the spear inflicts a Strength 10 hit causing D6 wounds.

Am I to assume that it still penetrates ranks in the same fashion as a bolt thrower starting at strength 10 rather then strength 6?
Yeah, you kind of have to:
Either you are entirely replacing the effects of the base spell with the enhanced effects, or you are only replacing the bis that the enhancement says are different.

However, if you are replacing the entirety of the base spell, the enhanced version no longer has a spell type or range, so it doesn't do anything except inflict a S10 hit that does D6 wounds to <404; target not found>

So, on the assumption that the enhanced spell is actually supposed to work, you logically must take the second option and assume that everything not changed by the enhancement text is, well, not changed.