PDA

View Full Version : Book recommendations

Dirty Fingers
03-03-2006, 21:38
hi, just wondering if i could get a little help.

i haven't really read anything in quite some time, been stuck in comics and schoolwork, and so i'm not really "in the loop" persay about new Black Library releases. I guess what i'm looking for are recommendations. If you can, i'd appreciate it if the recommendations were books that are still imprint, i know BL has a nasty tendency of just letting books go out of print. So yeah, i guess i'm asking for good books that can be easily found and purchased. Again, thanks for any help. Both Fantasy and 40K novels are great.

Just so there's no redundancy, i have/have read the following

Eisenhorn Trilogy
All the Gotrek and Felix bookx
Eye of Terror
Storm of Iron
Wine of Dreams
Execution Hour
Shadow Zone
Orfeo Trilogy
All Last Chancer novels
The Ragnar trilogy
Ravenor
Zavant
Farseer
Blades of Chaos (Can't find Claws of Chaos dammit!)
All Uriel Ventris books
Witch Hunter
Crossfire
Legacy

redhandtheblack
07-03-2006, 07:05
Hi there!

Books id suggest are the blackhearts series, very good read!
there's only two of them so far but theyre shaping up to be an exellent series,

Also you mentioned the space wolf books..
there's a fourth book to the trilogy now!

read it it's great!

Also a non black library series you should read it the Dark Tower series by Steven king.... they're amazing!!!!

Thankee Sai

-R-

Ardathair
14-03-2006, 05:19
Warhammer Fantacy draws a fair bit from The Lord of the Rings so I suggest reading Tolken. (then again I love his books so I always recomend them)

For 40K I would also suggest reading Armor by Steakley, those guys are some where between storm troopers and Space Marines.

Deathwing is an older book, if the Black Library was around at the time it would have been one of the first BL books. What Price Victory is pretty good too. Both of these are collections of short stories.

Inquisitor/Draco, Harlequin, and Daemon Child/Chaos Child are ok but not great.

tha sha0lin s0n
22-03-2006, 06:36
are there any novels out there that center on VC?

SOTIRIOS
28-03-2006, 07:23
Angels of Darkness is a must...A lot about the Fallen and Dark Angels generally...It has caused war in the Dark Angels community...A really good book

Hulls Raven
28-03-2006, 16:22
A book that I have just finished reading is called Warrior Brood By C.S. Goto.
I highly recommend that i really enjoyed reading it.
Its about the deathwatch but the story is very good indeed.

Another series that are a good read is the soul drinker saga.
1 Soul drinker.
2 The Bleeding Chalice.
3 Crimson Tears
All three were very good it charts the story of the soul drimkers space marine chapter as the become excommunicate. The best of the three is Crimson tears but all of them are very good books.

~Raven.

Rygoth
28-03-2006, 18:41
Any of the Ciaphus Cain novels by Sandy Mitchell are good as well. They have a little more humorous tone to them than most of the BL offerings.

Satan
29-03-2006, 10:29
Gaunt's Ghosts. 'nuff said. Great books, really. I highly recommend them, they give an alternative take on Chaos, which, to my opinion, shows the multiple facets of it's incarnations as well as the diversity of the 40k universe.

SOTIRIOS
29-03-2006, 11:14
The new novel "Horus Rising" is also an excellent example of Abnett's writing style.Best story I read for a long time...

IAmAngel.
31-03-2006, 04:06
15 Hours is another good book I enjoyed that I don't think has been mentioned yet.