PDA

View Full Version : Is this Chaos list cheesy?

Venerable_Bede
08-08-2010, 21:17
2250 points

Chaos Lord with Chaos Runesword and Armor of Desting

Sorcerer Lord

Exalted Hero with War Banner

25 Warriors of Chaos with full command,

25 Marauders w/Flail, full command

10 Chaos Warhounds

5 Knights

5 Knights

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth

What do you think?

Paraelix
08-08-2010, 21:23
Nope. Are there points free for more gear/marks?

Perigrine
12-08-2010, 11:07
actually you have gone for an elite elite list. At 2250 pts id be more concerned of you being totally swamped by your enemies. i mean chaos are rock hard but if you start having to take lots of saves even chaos armor fails eventually

Anardakil
12-08-2010, 18:29
Split the warriors into two units. :) 25 is too many for such elite troops that win cc by killing stuff. Those extra ranks are veeeery expensive.

Von Wibble
12-08-2010, 18:43
Definately not cheesy, it has a shaggoth in and they are overcosted by 75 or so points. Get rid of it and get a couple of chariots and some marks, or a nice unit of trolls.
I would also think carefully about taking the chaos lord - you have invested points in your sorceror lord already so why not give him a magic weapon (doesn't need to be amazing to provide combat power above most enemy heroes), trade down the lord for a level 2 for backup (and puppet action), and use those spare points to buff the chaos warriors to 2 units of 15 or so, and get a few more hounds to allow them to break ranks after taking a few casualties. You might have some spare points for marks also.

Lord Inquisitor
12-08-2010, 18:49
Split the warriors into two units. :) 25 is too many for such elite troops that win cc by killing stuff. Those extra ranks are veeeery expensive.

These days it's a good size. Smaller units will get whacked pretty easily. You need to have a few extra bodies to make sure you can attack. Besides, with a musician you can reform to make the most of those models - 10 wide and everyone can attack.

On topic: nothing cheesy there at all, looks like a perfectly normal chaos warrior army. Indeed, it looks like a Chaos Warrior army should look like! As long as you don't go for a powerscroll suicide mage or anthing silly like that, I think there is virtually nothing you can do with this list that would make it cheesy.