PDA

View Full Version : Mind razor question

grimgors battle buddy
09-08-2010, 12:05
Whilst reading a recent thread, many arguments ensued with the units leadership and the IP rule. my question is what would be the strengh for the unit if the general is in it? E.g if teclis was in a unit of spearmen and he cast mind razor would the entire units attacks be at strength 10 as that's the units LD. Or would the teclis be at strength 10 and the spears be at strength 8?

Commissar Vaughn
09-08-2010, 13:00
Id say the latter. I think thats what was In Ten Dead.

Symrivven
09-08-2010, 13:17
Why make a new thread when the original is still on the first page?

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269905

chivalrous
09-08-2010, 15:11
Why make a new thread when the original is still on the first page?

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269905

Perhaps because this is a different question; not one about IP but about the leadership of a character in a unit (it needn't be the general).

Perhaps, also, because the other thread has been swallowed up into a morass of circular reason and argument. I've found that questions asked about a related but slightly different situation in such a thread tend to get ignored. I raise the IP question in the pre-FAQ Mindrazor saves thread and that got washed over by the bleating that was going on over there.

With that said, the answer to this question is likely the same as the answer to IP. We just don't know what that is yet ;)

Symrivven
09-08-2010, 15:37
Ok fair enough, but it might attract a certain someone from the other tread, and before you know you're in a morass again. ;)

So to answer your question:
Page 107, Inspiring presence: Providing that the General is not fleeing, all friendly units within 12" use his leadership instead of their own.

The unit is within 12"of the general so str10 for everyone.

TheTrueSloth
09-08-2010, 17:23
Ok fair enough, but it might attract a certain someone from the other tread, and before you know you're in a morass again. ;)

Whoever is this fiendishly brilliant individual for creating a morass that you so clearly hinted about? :angel:

Whilst reading a recent thread, many arguments ensued with the units leadership and the IP rule. my question is what would be the strengh for the unit if the general is in it? E.g if teclis was in a unit of spearmen and he cast mind razor would the entire units attacks be at strength 10 as that's the units LD. Or would the teclis be at strength 10 and the spears be at strength 8?

I think by now I'm pretty infamous for arguing an extremely wierd and backward argument, so rather than get bogged down in the argument in a new thread, I just want to state this:

For friendly games I would just assume it was S10 and not get bogged down in technicalities. But the answer to your question also hinges on the understand of the spell and its' effects - there is a somewhat wacky RAW argument that would present that the character and the unit would fight at different strength values, but general consensus would be that everyone would fight at S10. Best to chat with your opponent before you start, but most people will say S10 still :)

Toodles

grimgors battle buddy
09-08-2010, 21:49
Cheers guys so S10 He spearmen at least sod you dwarfs and all your stupidly low armours saves. makes a charge of chaos knights folly now. bring them on

knightime98
10-08-2010, 08:12
If I read mindrazor right it only counts for close combat attacks not shooting attacks. So your sod (shooty army of death) is for not.

TheTrueSloth
10-08-2010, 09:46
If I read mindrazor right it only counts for close combat attacks not shooting attacks. So your sod (shooty army of death) is for not.

Or does it?!

Yep, its' only combat attacks, just checked the spell description. Otherwise that would be heinously overpowered, even more so than it is.

Toodles