PDA

View Full Version : I need advise

J-kob
09-08-2010, 13:14
So i have decided to start painting a Ork force i'm gonna save up to buy the paints and stuff first, than save up more for a 500 point force chunks. So could some one please advise me on the cheapest way to purchase paints and stuff.
P.S I live in England

Thanks
Jk
:shifty:

spurker
09-08-2010, 13:27
The Assault on black reach box set has a nice amount of models, you can get a set with paints in it. You can trade/sell the space marines that come with it.

Chem-Dog
09-08-2010, 14:30
Starting with paints, if you're looking to buy JUST the paints you need to paint Orks....
I'd say buy a can of Chaos Black undercoat, Orkhide shade Foundation Paint, Dark Angels green, Snot green, Boltgun Metal, Bestial brown, Bleached Bone. In addition pick any two colours you want to use to "dress" your Orks, Red, Yellow and Blue all have significance in Ork Kultur (Red = Evil Sunz Clan + Speed, Yellow = Bad Moonz + Wealth and Blue = DeffSkullz + Luck).
I'd also suggest buying two Washes for Orks, Thrakka green and Devlan Mud.

Devlan Mud can do LITERALLY anything.

Luisjoey
09-08-2010, 16:36
Assault On Black reach is a good way of having a cheap Ork army

Green and Ink would do the flesh... undercoat in Black or a deep dark brown.

the1stpip
09-08-2010, 16:38
Paint them as Goffs, as they wear mainly black with a little white and red.

jamjam
09-08-2010, 18:14
find a freind and get that AOBR set, i think its got roughly 500 hundred points of orks :) hell go crazy buy 2 and pinch one of the dreads for a cheap conversion and youll basically have just under 1000 points for about 55 quid (assuming your splitting the boxes with a marine playing friend)

hugs and kisses

LonelyPath
09-08-2010, 18:24
Black Reach, like others have said, is a great starting point with troops that are worth nearly 4 times the cost of the starter set if you buy them individually. Go halves with a friend or sell the Marines and later buy more Orks with the money you get from them.

Goffs can be done on a very small budget where paints are concerned. Chaos Black Spray, Chaos Black (for clothes), Dark Angels and Snot Greens (flesh), Graveyard Earth and Bleached Bone (teeth and claws), Skull White for checks and darts detailing, Tin Bitz and Boltgun Metal for all the metal parts. Those are the paints I used on most of my own force, but I did use others on things like Nobz, Warbosses and so on to add extra details and layers of highlight/shading.

If you want to highlight clothing on them, just use a little Codex Grey to highlight the outer edge of any folds and so on.

Once you have had some practice you can paint 15 or even 20 Orks in a day!