PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts WoC list, want advice and feedback

Texhnolyze
09-08-2010, 14:11
Hey!

Just throwing this up here for some feedback. This is an army that I am intending to build and paint during this fall. I got most models,
except 3 trolls and 20 marauders. I also got 5 chaos knights, but will save them for expanding later.

Some things I have been thinking about:

Drop the juggernaut, and put the lord on foot with the warriors or marauders.
Give the warriors additional hand weapons instead, I actually favour this, since I only have 10 halberds lying around. How much worse would this option be?

Well here is the list!

6 str 5 attacks, reroll both wounds/hits agains most opponents due to always strike first and I 7. The juggernaut will further boost his combat, and he got good protection, 1+ save and 4+ward. He will take cover behind the trolls from cannons and the like.
Chaos Lord:375
Chaos Armour, Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Talisman of Preservation
Helm of Many Eyes, Rending Sword

Basic mage, hopefully he will be able to do something nasty, he will most likely use the lore of death
Chaos Sorcerer:150
Blood of Tzeentch, lv2, Chaos Armour.

This should be my anvil unit, going for ranks and steadfast.
40 Marauders:280
Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, Full command

The warriors and the trolls are going to be my hammers, and I hope they will do a good enough job
15 Warriors of Chaos:360
Mark of Khorne, Chaos Armour, Shield, Halberd, Full Command
Razor Standard.

6 Trolls:270

Roaming unit, hopefully they will be able to cause some distraction, or kill some war machines
10 Warhounds:60

Total: 1495pts
Lords:25%
Heroes:10%
Core:~43%
Special:18%

Dreadgrass
09-08-2010, 22:38
Interesting choice taking a Chaos Lord in 1500pts... Are you sure the points wouldn't be better going into a BSB and more troops? I love the build, and you seem to have thought it out, but I'm just a little hesitant dropping that many points (1/4 of your army) into a single model in such a small list... Especially with an elitist army like WoC.