PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Lizardmen Army, Comments please

Caprosmaster
09-08-2010, 15:03
Hey,

I started in 7th Edition, and got a small feel for things like Sarus, and Skink priests mainly. So, I picked up 8th Ed the other day, and wow, its changed some key points, and looks like lizzies are going to be mean, especially Slann!

The list is mainly what I like, and to be used by I as a purchase plan if you will, so Iíd like to set it in stone soon ish, Iím open to change on things, but Iíd rather not do anything too drastic.

Reference: 50%=1250, 25%=625

Lords.

Slann Mage-Priest
-BSB
--Sun Standard of Chotec
-CHOO
-Focus of Mystery
--Lore of Life
-Focus of Rumination
-Becalming Cogitation
-Divine Plaque of Protection
465 pts

I normally play against Brets, and whilst I donít want to tailor my list, I donít want to be wasting points, so Iím not sure how useful the Plaque and Banner is, but im pretty happy with the rest of this setup.

Heroes

Skink priest
Dispell Scroll
90 pts

Lol, a scroll caddy basically, for purple sun or pit of shades, not sure how useful he isÖ Becalming and a Lv4 wizard should deal with dispelling quite well, should I drop this, and invest points elsewhere? Like in a Scar Vet?

Core

Saurus Warriors x24
Full Command
Spears
318 points

Iíll go 6wide, 4 deep, hoping to hold up units and chew through them. Flesh to Stone helps with this.

Saurus Warriors x24
Full Command
Spears
318 points

Yawn, copy/paste D:

Iím slightly concerned Iím lacking in core, am I? I think its me being over-cautious..

Special

Chameleon Skinks x10
120 pts.

Do i want more of these? I had issues using Skink Skirmishers in 7th Ed, but hopefully these guys should be close to their targets asap, and March and Fire helps with this immensly.

Temple Guard x20
-Full Command
-Razor Standard
390 pts.

Bunker for Slann, beefy unit + regen means hopefully they wont be disappearing soon, is full command necessary?

Krokigor x5
Ancient
295 pts.

Riight, idea here is a tough unit to use as an anvil, i took the Ancient in the hope of squishing some champion in a challenge.
Do they need another one?

Rare

Salamander hunting pack
3 Salamanders

225 pts

Salamander hunting pack
3 Salamanders

225 pts

I love these guys, removal of partials rocks, however, im unsure over the issue of misfires, do i need more skinks

Total points: 2426

So, 74 to play with, Thats enough for 10 skirmishing skinks to put the priest in.

Questions: Do i need the priest? Have i gone overboard with Salamanders? Krokigor? worth it? And finally, stegadons, do they have a place anymore in a list like this?

Thanks, any comments/advice welcomed!

Capros

Caprosmaster
10-08-2010, 13:19
Dont like to do this, but bump, im sure there is plenty of holes in my list, someone must be able to help :s

101st Vostroyan
10-08-2010, 15:34
Slann
Be willing to try out the different lores on your slann just to see how they do in your army. Lore of Life is good, but you may find that other lores suit your army better(but not lore of death). Divine Plaque of protection is useless when in a unit because he cant be singled out, and the 2+ ward is only against shooting. Other than that the slann looks fine.

Priest
Looks fine

Saurus
2 units of 24 is hard to move and I find that my opponents often have trouble eating through 18, your unit is fine.

Chameleon Skinks
Fine

Kroxigors
The ancient isnt really needed, It is better to spend 30 extra points to get another Kroxigor. 20 points for 1 more attack isnt worth it IMO.

Salamanders
I always take 4 handlers per salamander just in case I misfire and eat 3 handlers. Extra handlers are good insurance that the unit will be effective for longer. Otherwise, 6 salamanders will really cause a lot of damage.

Hope this helps

Caprosmaster
10-08-2010, 16:16
Slann
Be willing to try out the different lores on your slann just to see how they do in your army. Lore of Life is good, but you may find that other lores suit your army better(but not lore of death). Divine Plaque of protection is useless when in a unit because he cant be singled out, and the 2+ ward is only against shooting. Other than that the slann looks fine.

Ok, lore wise, i guess light is another big one to try? Thanks for the tip on the plaque, thats another 20points in the pot

Saurus
2 units of 24 is hard to move and I find that my opponents often have trouble eating through 18, your unit is fine.

Heh, good to hear thanks!

Kroxigors
The ancient isnt really needed, It is better to spend 30 extra points to get another Kroxigor. 20 points for 1 more attack isnt worth it IMO.

I figured i was being a little stupid here, thanks for the confirmation. I'll ask here too, whats the advantages/disadvantages of taking a Steggy or Krokigor, to be 'offensive/anvil' unit? The Krok have more attacks, wounds and more stomp attacks, and can still take advantage of Lifebloom.

Salamanders
I always take 4 handlers per salamander just in case I misfire and eat 3 handlers. Extra handlers are good insurance that the unit will be effective for longer. Otherwise, 6 salamanders will really cause a lot of damage.

Great to hear on the damage front! So, 6 extra handlers is another 30 points, okay.

Thanks a lot, any advice welcomed!