PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Anti- Magic Advice?

Thundergod
09-08-2010, 16:38
Looking at my options for anti-magic in a well rounded 2k point dwarf army.
Currently leaning towards:
1 Rune Smith w/rune of balance and 1 rune o spell breaking. 2 extra dispell dice (-1 casting for opponent), 1 dispell scroll, +2 to Dispell (basic to the army)

Also considering:
The same Rune Smith, adding Rune of Valaya to the BSB: 2 extra dispell dice (-1 casting for opponent), 1 dispell scroll, +4 to dispell

or

Runelord, Anvil, rune of balance: 4 extra dispell dice (-1 casting for opponent), +2 to Dispell (basic to the army)

Points wise, its more or less: 150, 250, 350. I'm having a hard time putting more than 10% of my points into something that is basically reactionary.
The Anvil has its other benefits, but i'm not sold on it in a 2k game.
Thoughts?

Malorian
09-08-2010, 16:43
In general I think you already are using the best setup already.

Are you still finiding magic to be too much? If so then bump it up with another rune priest with 1-3 roSpellbreaking, but otherwise I think you should be fine.

_dandaman_
09-08-2010, 16:52
Honestly, I think your first build is the best. Its what I use, I really like it because: 1) Its cheap, and gets the job done 2) The other 2 involve protecting more than just your runesmith 3) there are only 9 possible dice combinations in which you wont have more or equal DD. So basically you've got a 75% chance of at least having a vary good chance of owning the magic phase.

Dan

Thundergod
09-08-2010, 17:25
Thanks to both of you- its nice to get some confirmation. If anyone else has some favorite set ups, i'd be interested in hearing 'em.

langolas
09-08-2010, 19:16
I have had great success using the anvil to either get a charge in I normally woudln't (fun with Miners who just walked onto the board) or slowing someone who was about to charge you. Yes it's expensive but it has a lot of benefits to it.

My 2 cents.