PDA

View Full Version : HE -2k List

Leatus
09-08-2010, 17:32
This is going to be a weird one, as I have yet to get the new army book just ordered it! So im basing this list on my old army books, therefore im not going to include any items or be too specific.

Im just getting a feel for 8th army building, I last played in 6th edition so this is basically just to give me some idea what I should start collecting.
Also all my models are 5/6th edition, so im going to buy some more but not too many just enough to fluff out my units.

Special Characters i have are Teclis and Tyrion I probably wont use either, and there both 5th Edition models. Tyrion especially is unrecognisable from his new incarnation, but he looks win.

Rough Idea for Army: Points arn't going to be right but giving a rough estimate.

Heroes:
lvl 4 Archmage with 100 points of items -360

Noble with 50 points of killy items probably white sword of hoeth and loec talisman. - 125
Noble BSB with items - 170

Core:
20 Spearmen, Command - 195ish
20 Lorthen Seaguard, Command, Banner of Eternal flame - 295ish

Special/rare:
15 SM, Command -255/305 + maybe banner of sorcery (Know these arn't meant to be great, but they are the reason i collected HEs in the first place)
20 WL, Command -330 - banner soon to be chosen

2 Tiranoc Chariots - 170

Eagle -50
Eagle -50

I dont really care about the points, ill tailor my army when i get a look at the new rulebook. Is this a good starting point for an army?

I also have these 5/6th ed models:
Special Characters: Tyrion, Teclic, Korhil, Eltharion, Imrik
Archers -20 But they look soooo old, embarrasingly so
Ellyrion Reavers- 10 Not painted
Dragon princes- 10 Love the unit but they look so dated would have to buy more.
15 Phoenix Guard
1 RBT
5 Silver Helms
1 Dragon - Looks real old though

thesheriff
09-08-2010, 20:36
The list looks good, but the main issue is the special section of your army. you could do with dropping the PG's and putting in the same amount of white lions again into the unit (for a unit of 30)
Also, you say you have some chariots and reavers. there good now. The chariots are cheap and get d6 S5 impact hits each. For 80-odd-points. Bargain!
Also, 10 Reavers basic on the flank primed for a flank charge. Taking away rank bonuses is awsome.
And a dragon is always good nice, but a bit difficult to use in 2k.

Now, Wargear:
*BSB: Armour of Caelador, Guardian phoiniex, great weapon
*Archmage: Annulian crystal/Silver wand/Seerstaff (any would be fine)
*Noble: White sword, Dragon armour, Enchanted shield

thesheriff

Thoras
09-08-2010, 20:40
This is going to be a weird one, as I have yet to get the new army book just ordered it! So im basing this list on my old army books, therefore im not going to include any items or be too specific.

Im just getting a feel for 8th army building, I last played in 6th edition so this is basically just to give me some idea what I should start collecting.
Also all my models are 5/6th edition, so im going to buy some more but not too many just enough to fluff out my units.

Special Characters i have are Teclis and Tyrion I probably wont use either, and there both 5th Edition models. Tyrion especially is unrecognisable from his new incarnation, but he looks win.

Rough Idea for Army: Points arn't going to be right but giving a rough estimate.

Heroes:
lvl 4 Archmage with 100 points of items -355

Noble with 50 points of killy items probably white sword of hoeth and loec talisman. - 125
Noble BSB with items - 170

Core:
20 Spearmen, Command - 195ish
20 Lorthen Seaguard, Command, Banner of Eternal flame - 295ish

Special/rare:
12 SM, Command -180ish + maybe banner of sorcery (Know these arn't meant to be great, but they are the reason i collected HEs in the first place)
15 PG, Command - 250ish
15 WL, Command -220ish

Eagle -50
Eagle -50

I dont really care about the points, ill tailor my army when i get a look at the new rulebook. Is this a good starting point for an army?

I also have these 5/6th ed models:
Archers -20 But they look soooo old, embarrasingly so
Ellyrion Reavers- 10 Not painted
Dragon princes- 10 Love the unit but they look so dated would have to buy more.
2 Tiranoc Chariots - Not a fan of chariots
1 RBT
5 Silver Helms
1 Dragon - Looks real old though

1. You arch mage cost doesnt add up. I make a lvl 4 with 100 points of kit @ 360
2. Move the banner of sorcery from the more vulnerable sword masters to the less vulnerable phenoix guard
3. Looks at the moment that all your characters are running with the sword masters (pure guess). If this is the case, i'd consider moving them around a bit (eggs in one basket and all that).

Leatus
09-08-2010, 22:51
1. You arch mage cost doesnt add up. I make a lvl 4 with 100 points of kit @ 360
2. Move the banner of sorcery from the more vulnerable sword masters to the less vulnerable phenoix guard
3. Looks at the moment that all your characters are running with the sword masters (pure guess). If this is the case, i'd consider moving them around a bit (eggs in one basket and all that).

Its not a definate list, its just what i was looking to do for an 8th edition army list. Thats why the points are not right as im basing it on my most recent armybook which is the 6th edition. I was going to have the mage in the Lorthen Sea guard, the killy hero in the SM and the Banner in the WLs.

The list looks good, but the main issue is the special section of your army. you could do with dropping the PG's and putting in the same amount of white lions again into the unit (for a unit of 30)
Also, you say you have some chariots and reavers. there good now. The chariots are cheap and get d6 S5 impact hits each. For 80-odd-points. Bargain!
Also, 10 Reavers basic on the flank primed for a flank charge. Taking away rank bonuses is awsome.
And a dragon is always good nice, but a bit difficult to use in 2k.

Now, Wargear:
*BSB: Armour of Caelador, Guardian phoiniex, great weapon
*Archmage: Annulian crystal/Silver wand/Seerstaff (any would be fine)
*Noble: White sword, Dragon armour, Enchanted shield

thesheriff

Cheers for the feedback. I might look to include my chariots and reavers then. I have to say I never liked either before, they wern't solid enough for me. Would it be worth getting Dragon princes rather then using the reavers? Also should I not look at getting Phoenix Guard?? I was never a fan of them before but ive heard lots of good things about them in 8th. Ill definatly get some more White lions, might wait for that new plastic kit, its a shame its a whole 2 months away.

lacurra
10-08-2010, 02:01
i really like to run lion chariots but the other ones are a real bargain at their points. i find that dragons are really tough to get into any list now. the only way to play one really at 2k is as a dragon mage and depending on what you are playing against fire magic can be useless. the only real concern i would have with your list is how long it could take to get into combat. other than the seaguards they are all cc units and if you are playing against a shoting heavy side you may get chewed up a bit while you cross the board. all in all though the list looks pretty solid. fyi, WL, SM, and PG's are all 15pts each with 30pts for full command.

Aenorris
10-08-2010, 04:33
Need one more post

Aenorris
10-08-2010, 04:34
And there,s two

thesheriff
10-08-2010, 10:00
I would re-write the list with the advice given and see where that gets you. Also, bumping once is a sin, twice your selling your soul :p

Leatus
10-08-2010, 11:48
That bumping has nothing to do with me.
Ill rewrite my list now, but it will be definatly changed in the next few days when I get my new armybook.
Also im pretty excited, I found a load of my old models buried away, some even unopened! Like the old model for Korhil, and Blind Eltharion. Its like Christmas.

thesheriff
10-08-2010, 21:13
Sorry, don't know why the other guy is bumping your thread