PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys I'm one of Yotsubas friends! Help me pick between these two :/

undeadyotsuba
09-08-2010, 22:27
Hey guys my friend Yotsuba here let me use his account to post this since well most of his friends are quite silly (hehe) ^^
But I've been with him for some time and I really care about him and I wanted to go into warhammer as well! But I'm quite split between two armies since I really,really,really like them both so help me choose ^^

Skaven or Warriors of chaos? I like them both but I don't know you have the quirk of skaven and then the full brutality of Warriors of chaos so could anyone tell me how they are on tabletop and I really dispise cheese or that's atleast what he tells me what it is which is pretty much bringing armies that are meant to crush other people without any tactical forthought! And I like tactics :shifty:

Zoolander
09-08-2010, 22:34
Warriors is probably easier to start with. Tactics are a little easier to grasp, while there are fewer cheesey units for others to complain about, then there's the fact that you will likely need 200+ rats for a Skaven army while only like 75 for a full WoC list, so starting Warriors is easier on your pocket book too. Less models = quicker to reach a fully painted army, as well! Skaven are wacky and fun though. It's all personal choice. Both are good armies.

Lord Inquisitor
09-08-2010, 22:38
Skaven have the big advantage of very shortly being released as one of the two main armies in the starter set. You're going to have to put together and paint a LOT more models however. (Unless you go for large numbers of marauders.)

Both are extremely strong in the new edition, Skaven has more dirty rat tricks up its sleeve than the Warriors do but both can be built with real respectable tactics in mind.

undeadyotsuba
09-08-2010, 23:09
Warriors is probably easier to start with. Tactics are a little easier to grasp, while there are fewer cheesey units for others to complain about, then there's the fact that you will likely need 200+ rats for a Skaven army while only like 75 for a full WoC list, so starting Warriors is easier on your pocket book too. Less models = quicker to reach a fully painted army, as well! Skaven are wacky and fun though. It's all personal choice. Both are good armies.

Ouch 200 rats? Really!?! That's way to much man D:

So I'm going for WOC and I'm going to NMM them all ^^

Ultimate Life Form
09-08-2010, 23:30
Real men use over 300.

Screaming Manti
09-08-2010, 23:31
As a skaven player i would recomend WOC as your first army. They are a much easier army to start with and as others have said you need a lot less models for your army.

Alot of people call skaven outright cheese now so if you were to do them you'd probably get someone moaning about the army.

Metaphorazine
10-08-2010, 01:24
So I'm going for WOC and I'm going to NMM them all ^^

I absolutely have to see pictures of an entire army of WOC painted NMM! :D I have trouble making an entire army painted with flats and washes... :cries:

Kadris
10-08-2010, 01:31
yes, skaven have a bad rep... some of it is from previous editions allowing them to be so unbalanced you almost couldnt make a non-cheese list, and anotheris from some people exploiting the possibilities. Skaven are a high model army, its a chore to make a list with a low body count. I had an idea for a 3K list including 640 models, all with LD5 as a base :)

WoC don't have shooting, but make up for it with heavy armor and many saves possibilities. As a skaven player a good WoC list is one i dont like to fight because i will never win in CC even if i can shoot into the fray.