PDA

View Full Version : Caestus for a Stormraven?

Trick
10-08-2010, 12:45
Hi,
Just wondering, I know its been thought about by a few, but is anyone thinking of using a Caestus Assault Ram as an interim Stormraven? I know there's one coming next year with the Grey Knights, and I know they probably look completley different, and I know they don't have a Dreadnought carriage but...

They do have similar armaments (add on an extra sponson on each side) and a similar transport capacity (add a magna-clamp of some description for the Dread) so they could be used to pass off as one for the next 8-10 months or so...

What does everyone else think? Anyone made any plans to use one as a Stormraven? Personally I have zero scratch-building skills so wouldn't know where to begin plasticarding one, so a Caestus seems quite tempting. A pair of Predator sponsons would attach nicely (with some modification) to the hulls giving me the proper armament along with the Caestus' weapons standing in for Bloodstrikes and a Twin-linked Multi-Melta.

Trick

Zweischneid
10-08-2010, 12:51
I think it is intended as the exact opposite.

It's probably meant to tide non-BA, non-Grey Knights over the lack of a Storm Raven untill they (assuming the Raven will be successful) get them in future Codexes/Editions.

The very fact that the Caestus isn't available to Blood Angels "could" be a political decision by GW over FW to make sure Blood Angel players will not readily buy a Caestus now as Raven (and potentially just a Caestus later) an pass on the actual Storm Raven kit that presumably is coming at some point.

Chem-Dog
10-08-2010, 15:24
Hi,
Just wondering, I know its been thought about by a few, but is anyone thinking of using a Caestus Assault Ram as an interim Stormraven? I know there's one coming next year with the Grey Knights

There hasn't been anything solid to confirm the inclusion of the Storm Raven in the GK list, it's still too early to get a confirmation on the GK list itself.
But I don't see any issue with using the Cestus as a Counts as Straven.

LonelyPath
10-08-2010, 18:43
If you got the cash to spend on one then I see no harm in someone using a Caestus as a counts-as Storm Raven. I thought the exact same thing when I first saw these, even if the Caestus cannot be used by BA.

scopedog91
10-08-2010, 22:23
Caestus for...
Yes...

PostinDirty
10-08-2010, 23:51
There hasn't been anything solid to confirm the inclusion of the Storm Raven in the GK list, it's still too early to get a confirmation on the GK list itself.
But I don't see any issue with using the Cestus as a Counts as Straven.
i kinda thought Stickymonkey's posts on watching a PT game where the GK player used a Storm Raven, would've been solid enough? :s

no?

bah

CushionRide
11-08-2010, 03:52
the model is well suited for being a storm raven, i do believe it is also made to satisfy other SM armies also.

marv335
11-08-2010, 09:03
i kinda thought Stickymonkey's posts on watching a PT game where the GK player used a Storm Raven, would've been solid enough? :s

no?

bah

Many things have been in early playtest lists that have never made it into the final print version.
Nothing is solid until we see the actual printed codex.

Whitehorn
11-08-2010, 10:24
It would cost less to pay me to build you a Storm Raven.