PDA

View Full Version : WoC All Comers 2,000pts

Pawn of Decay
10-08-2010, 12:47
Ok. So keeping my competitive cap on, my LGC is hosting a Warhammer Fantasy tournament called Regarding Retribution some time in November. So whilst building and painting my army I am gearing it towards that tournament.

I'm not expecting to make the most awesome ultra tournament army straight away. Still very new to Fantasy. However after playing with my army in smaller games, seeing what works etc. I have come up with this 2,000pts army.

All Comments and Criticism are more than welcome. I can do with all the tips and help I can get.

Lord:

Khasra The Learned One 360pts
- Level 4
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Spell Familiar
- Talisman of Preservation
- Shrieking Blade

Hero:

Tousedin - 195pts
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Necrotic Phylactory
- Collar of Khorne
- Bronze Armour of Zhrak

Core:

The Tumeen (16) 357pts
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Halberd and Shields
- Full Command
- Banner of Rage
Chaos Warriors

Cult of the Skull (40) 250pts
- Mark of Khorne
- Great Weapons
- Full Command
Marauders

The Fanged (6) 36pts
Chaos Warhounds

Howling Hunters (6) 36pts
Chaos Warhounds

Special:

Trolls (3) 135pts

Trolls (3) 135pts

Rare:

Chaos Giant 265pts
- Mark of Slaneesh

Chaos Giant 225pts

Total = 1,994pts

theSkullduggery1
10-08-2010, 13:28
I'd combine all of the trolls into one unit, it will draw more fire which means more EotG rolls. I haven't tried a Giant yet in 8th edition, I liked it in 7th though...but I'm guessing that a Hellcannon is the better choice now.

Eta
10-08-2010, 13:58
Tousedin - 195pts
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Necrotic Phylactory
- Collar of Khorne
- Bronze Armour of Zhrak

The BSB is illegal as both the Necrotic Phylactery and the Collar of Khorne are talismans. Other than that it is a good list.

Greetings
Eta

NFOjalapeno
10-08-2010, 17:38
I would drop one giant and put in a hellcannon. Arty is devastating in 8th and the hellcannon can even get up close and personal. The chance to panic a low LD unit off the board early game (or a couple!) could really even the odds number wise. It is a little riskier/random but then again so are the giants special attack and both get thunderstomp! and cause terror. The hellcannon is unbreakable if I remeber correctly while the Giant is only subborn 10 (still pretty legit) but the chance to run is still there.

Pawn of Decay
10-08-2010, 18:20
Hmmm. After play testing various Warriors of Chaos units etc. I have never found Hell Cannons to work for me. I'm sure they do work and it is probably my dice rolling or my playing style but they have never performed.

However the Chaos Giants I have used, whilst not the best thing in the world (although i do have a tendancy to forget Thunder Stomp) have taken out Whole units by themselves. I love the Giants rules and Model so sadly the Hell Cannon wont find it's way into my army. On top of that with the Army generals around etc. and a lot of things immune to psyc. not alot of things start to panic, or have low leadership.

Thank You Eta. I hadn't spotted they were both Talisments (teach me to write a list without the army book in front of me). If I drop the Collar of Khorne that leaves me with 31 pts left over all and 25pts magic items allocation left for the BSB if anyone has any ideas or suggestions?

Combining the unit of trolls could work. Was thinking of using them to protect my flank more... however a block of trolls is not going to hurt my cause.

Thank you all so far for the comments and input.

zanzibar
10-08-2010, 23:54
Think book of secrets for the wizard lord... really useful little item... and the eye of the gods perhaps for the BSB
Zan

Citadel97501
11-08-2010, 00:11
Think book of secrets for the wizard lord... really useful little item... and the eye of the gods perhaps for the BSB
Zan

The eye of the gods, should never be taken on a wizard due to the change in the FAQ, the wizard turns into a level 1 caster.

Oh and the item your thinking for the BSB, is called Favor of the Gods and is an enchanted item. . .

Dreadgrass
11-08-2010, 00:25
BoS has been errata'd with new rules, Wizard lord will become a Lvl.1, I find it handy on a Tzeentch BSB though to 1 dice The signature Shadows spell.

EDIT: Ninja'd but its the Book I think you meant citadel, not the eye...

LanceSaba
11-08-2010, 01:08
I actually think the book (lore of death) would be cool on the bsb but that is just personal taste

Pawn of Decay
11-08-2010, 07:32
Thats an idea certainly. Wouldn't hurt to able to throw another spell into the mix.

So is the general concensus that the list should perform well then at a competitive stage?