PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points - Skave Skyre - GT: bit thin on numbers?

CaptainFaramir
10-08-2010, 15:51
Edited to include Engineer with Doomrocket and a few other tweaks

Woop, woop! The new IoB box set is finally on pre-order, so come 4 September I will finally have enough models to complete my "ideal" 2k skaven army. (It's the weapon teams I've been waiting for.)

That said, I feel that, maybe there simply aren't enough models on the table. This is "designed" to be an all-comers list, for the GT (as it then was, RIP) in October, so if you feel there is something missing please do speak up. There's nothing reactionary. Lots of redundancy, and a nice compact infantry line that will wait to receive charges then (inevitably steadfast or unbreakable), countercharge anything I don't want to bog down.

I'm considering dropping one of the WLC for 45 more slaves, but I like the redundnacy. And the green-tigned traced light, mwah ha ha ha!

Feel free to be constructive or insulting in your comments. I'm thick skinned. If it looks crap, just say so.

***Skratch's Skyre Skitterers***

Characters - 652 points

Grey Seer - 483 pts
- riding a Screaming Bell,
- Dispel Scroll, Tail Weapon, Warppistol

Level 4 is standard on any list, and giving the rat a 4+ Ward, (2+ vs. magic), the chance to avoid challenges, an 18" Ld. range, and make his clanrats unbreakable is worth the 200 points for the bell on its own. And that's before the bell starts collapsing Watchtowers! Goes with the Clanrats with HW/Shield. No - it will not be going "horde"; damned stupid formation.

Battle Standard Bearer - 124 pts
- Talisman of Protection, Ironcurse Icon
- Halberd

Standard BSB with the new "all Ld. re-rolls." ToP for 4+ Ward. Goes with the Clanrats with Spears. Minor mortar protection

Warlock Engineer - 45 pts
- Doomrocket

Skitterleap. BOOM!

Core - 598 points

34 Clanrats - 238 pts
- Full Command, Shields
- Plague Wind Mortar
Run 7x7. I'd run them 5x10 if it didn't look ridiculous!

34 Clanrats - 260 pts
- Full Command, Shields, Spears
- Warpfire Thrower
BSB goes here. 5x7 (smaller frontage, morerer steadfast!)

25 Slaves - 50 pts

25 Slaves - 50 pts

50 point, Ld 10, stubborn, re-rollable flank protectors? Yes, please. Oh, your 50 points gets you an Eagle? In your face! "Smell my cheese, you mother"

Special - 269 points

27 Plague Monks - 269 points
- Full Command
- Storm Banner

Rare - 480 points

2 Doomwheels - 300 points

2 Warp Lightening Cannons - 180 points

Total - 1999 points

Bodycount - 200 infantry; 5 warmachines.

---

If people would like to make alternative suggestions I have the following models:
More slaves. More clanrats with HW/Sh (but sadly none with Spears)
LOTS of Giant Rats and Handler, 6 R. Ogres and handlers, Hell Pit Abomination
7 Plague Censar Bearers, 15 Jezzails.

Tordeck
10-08-2010, 21:35
I'm not sure what Std you are talking about as far as rerolling all Ld roles. There is one that allows you to reroll the 1st failed but your bsb allows you to reroll all failed ldrshps anyway and since I'm pretty sure that you cant reroll a reroll so that banner isnt worth its cost even if small.

thesheriff
10-08-2010, 21:37
"Smell my cheese, you mother"

Is that Alan Partrige?. If so, awsome :p

russellmoo
11-08-2010, 04:25
I would mash the two units of slaves together, a block of 25 slaves isn't going to do much of anything, unless you intend to give them slings.

A block of 50 deployed 5 wide and 10 deep won't go anywhere as long as a character is nearby.

w3rm
11-08-2010, 04:29
Meh Keep the slaves as is use em to flank or bait and flee. Looks like a very nasty very solid list should do great. Good luck!

russellmoo
11-08-2010, 04:38
Well, then if you want to use them as bait reduce them to the bare minimum of 20, plus still give them slings that way your opponent if he chooses to ignore them ends up getting pelted with rocks. That's 20 (terrible) missile troops for the bargain price of 50pts.

Casshole
11-08-2010, 04:41
Theres no real Skryre presence in the army save for the weapons teams, just wondering how its a skryre army. Ikit or some globies/jezzails would help with that possibly.

Talisman of preservation and poisoned weapon is over the point cost too i believe.

Valek
11-08-2010, 05:24
I would dump the plaguemonks, they aint good without furnace.

the Stormvermin are quite good at the moment, a large unit can take on lots of stuff.

Valek

pizzaman11
11-08-2010, 06:15

the Stormvermin are quite good at the moment, a large unit can take on lots of stuff.

Valek

I agree with dumping the plague monks but instead of the stormvermin(which are still a pretty good choice). I'd go with a bunch of giant rats. The stats of clan rats and get spears on the charge they are the perfect flanking unit and are only 3 points a model. If you want to keep the banner I'd just throw it on your bsb and get rid of the talisman. He's protected already by 35 clanrats and if he's challenged just use verminous valor. Also it might just be preference but to me it's not really worth giving clanrats spears when you have the choice of giants rats.

CaptainFaramir
11-08-2010, 09:19
Incredible! An army list posting that actually gets constructive responses!

I'm not sure what Std you are talking about as far as rerolling all Ld roles... etc.

Sorry - wasn't clear. I meant, now that BSB allows all Ld. tests to be re-rolled, it is an essential piece of kit.

Is that Alan Partrige?. If so, awsome :p

Hell yes, my friend. Given the rat/cheese connection, it is one of my most used in-game put downs!

I would mash the two units of slaves together, a block of 25 slaves isn't going to do much of anything, unless you intend to give them slings. A block of 50 deployed 5 wide and 10 deep won't go anywhere as long as a character is nearby.

Well, then if you want to use them as bait reduce them to the bare minimum of 20, plus still give them slings that way your opponent if he chooses to ignore them ends up getting pelted with rocks. That's 20 (terrible) missile troops for the bargain price of 50pts.

In the 7th Ed. incarnation of this list, I had 5 blocks of twenty slaves, simply for baiting, and counter-charging. With the new steadfast rules, I feel that the extra rank is worth it because they CAN take the charge and be an anvil, however many casualties they receive. If I had an extra hundred points, I would take another 50... hang on.

Meh Keep the slaves as is use em to flank or bait and flee. Looks like a very nasty very solid list should do great. Good luck!

Thank you.

Theres no real Skryre presence in the army save for the weapons teams, just wondering how its a skryre army. Ikit or some globies/jezzails would help with that possibly.

Talisman of preservation and poisoned weapon is over the point cost too i believe.

Re: Skyre - I thought four warp lightning based war machines, and the max number of weapons teams would do it... but see below re: plague monk replacements.

Re: Buuger. You're right. Poisoned weapons count to magic items, not equipment. Will redraft.

I agree with dumping the plague monks... If you want to keep the banner I'd just throw it on your bsb and get rid of the talisman... Also it might just be preference but to me it's not really worth giving clanrats spears when you have the choice of giants rats.

Ouch. I like the plaguemonks... although yes, I was largely taking them for the option of taking the "Banner of please don't shoot me in the face". Are StormVermin that much better? (they could take the banner and one more weapon team; I suppose *grins*) Big problem is I don't own any.

Redraft to follow at lunchtime, if anyone has the stamina to reassess!

CaptainFaramir
11-08-2010, 09:43
As promised: the less plague monky, more skyrey version, more giant ratty version.

***Skratch's Skyre Skitterers***

Characters - 607 points

Grey Seer - 483 pts
- riding a Screaming Bell,
- Dispel Scroll, Tail Weapon, Warppistol

Battle Standard Bearer - 124 pts
- Storm Banner
- Halberd

Core - 712 points

35 Clanrats - 242.5 pts
- Full Command, Shields
- Plague Wind Mortar

34 Clanrats - 260 pts
- Full Command, Shields, Spears
- Warpfire Thrower

15 Giant Rats - 69
- 3 Handlers

26 Slaves - 54 pts
- Musician

25 Slaves - 52 pts
- Musician

Special - 200 points

10 Jezzails - 200 points

Rare - 480 points

2 Doomwheels - 300 points

2 Warp Lightening Cannons - 180 points

Total - 1999 points

Valek
11-08-2010, 13:32
Sorry mate,

but I think you made it worse by know, think you have enough shooting between cannons, wheel, weapon teams and magic.

I don't think jezzails will cut it and they will run quite fast when targetted by magic or shooting.

Stormvermin is the way to go really, what is not to like on I5 st4 rats, they are totally badass in your army. Would go for a 7 broad frontage with full comand, that means 14 attacks, giving good hurt.

Infact another inclusion would be the addition of a warlock engineer whith that doom rocket, very scryre and totally badass.

Tower_Of_The_Stars
11-08-2010, 13:54
I also think the first list was better. I second losing the Jezzails.

russellmoo
11-08-2010, 14:37
In defense of the plague monks-

While with a plague furnace PM's are awesome, even without it they are a highly effective unit. Field them 7 to 8 wide and 5 ranks (just to ensure max combat res) and the Plague banner. Now you have a unit that can inflict 29 hits that rerolls its to hits and its failed to wound rolls. Plus you have a safe place to put your plague priest which is also awesome, a magic user with WS5 and 3 S4 attacks (S6 on the first turn as you will undoubtedly take a flail)

CaptainFaramir
23-08-2010, 10:35
Just as an update... list amended in OP. Six weeks of painting and counting. 65 models to go.

*walks down street jauntily, sprints round corner*

bimpi
23-08-2010, 12:09
I think that in the skyre clan the globadiers are the most obvious choise. maybe the arent good but so fluffy:) with doomwheel, cannon and of course waepon teams they're looking so cool.