PDA

View Full Version : Tullaris in 8'th edition

Chain
10-08-2010, 19:58
Just wondering have Tullaris gotten more useable in 8'th edition than he was in 7'th?

For fluff he is one of my favorite characters(champ), but man have i had a hard time finding anyway to use him :(

I haven't started on 8'th ed yet (waiting for IOB)

The way I recall him, he was pretty much only useable in a Khainite Army where he was in unit with the bsb using the ASF banner

Ws 5, T 3, W 1, I 5, ASL 5+ save and a nasty price tag of 107 points... :eyebrows:
That's the pricetag of a lord in some armies...

When is he worth spending points on?

from the 1 time i skimmed the 8'th ed rulebook I seem to recall that lower ws doesn't necessary mean 5+ any more but a ws 4 should hit a ws 5 on 4+...

if this really is so... man way to make a wasted character even more of a waste :cries:

SideshowLucifer
10-08-2010, 22:31
He is absolutly dreadful now with the new rules and was only slightly less sucky last edition. I honestly can't see a reason to ever field him.

chivalrous
10-08-2010, 22:44
The only reason to take Tullaris is to make your Executioners cause fear and I'm pretty sure there are cheaper ways to do that too.
His other special rule relies on him surviving incoming attacks in a challenge which isn't going to happen unless he challenges the a S3 unit-champion. Anyone else will chop him up before he has a chance to strike.

It's a shame. In 5th edition he had hero stats, the Executioners Axe and the Black Amulet. I'd have been much happier if they'd kept him as a hero with these items then relegate him to unit champion status.

StrawberryMcFairyShoes
10-08-2010, 23:05
Off topic but didn't Tullaris get killed of in the 6th edition HE army book? Shame really quite liked him...

Oh and yes he just isn't worth it. Way too much points for a 1 wound model. Maybe make your own Tullaris using army book rules/magic items.

sulla
11-08-2010, 00:02
Off topic but didn't Tullaris get killed of in the 6th edition HE army book? Shame really quite liked him...

Oh and yes he just isn't worth it. Way too much points for a 1 wound model. Maybe make your own Tullaris using army book rules/magic items.Problem with that is that you have to make tullaris out of either the assassin or death hag rules since no-one else (not even Malekith) can join the executioners.

Maybe just use Hellebron's rules for him? S10 :evilgrin:...