PDA

View Full Version : Army Choices

majorberzerker
10-08-2010, 21:38
OK I just bought some dark elves after having bought some gobbos. For some reason every time I buy one army I want another and so I buy it the thing is I never can build up an army up to tournament points because of this anyone else have this problem.

Paraelix
10-08-2010, 21:40
Yes. I find that buying the whole army, or a large part thereof, really helps tie you down... Similarly if you are building it alongside some gaming friends or in the lead up to a tournament. Have you gotten stuck into painting the models too? Finding models that you like to build AND paint can also make a hell of a difference. If possible, try borrowing some armies or sitting down with people who have a wide knowledge of different forces so you know how the army works/feels.

Desalbert
10-08-2010, 22:41
I know this exact feeling; I have 3 armies of Warhammer, and am on pace to buy a new one (despite the fact that my Ogres are only 1000 pts, my Bretonnians are barely 2000, and my Orcs have so many options that I still need to get).

On top of this, I have 2 40k armies; and will probably get a third-- and whats worse is, I don't actually --play-- as often as I want to.

I think, for some reason, this happens to me personally because I'm so attracted to some of the background in Warhammer-- than when I read some, or picture playing that army, I want it... More than the armies I have!

Citizen Lame
11-08-2010, 07:41
I'll be honest when I played 40k when I was younger I was the same. I'd get around 1000 points then start on another army for some reason. Now I'm looking forward to building up my goblin army though. :D

Slowpoke
11-08-2010, 09:27
I view almost every army (excluding daemons & dwarves) worth collecting which is why I have the same kind of problems :D Right now I'm considering to start collecting a High Elf army just because the new Island of Blood models are quite, quite beautiful! I just hope that my budget helps to restrain me.

~PrometheuS~
11-08-2010, 13:08
I was building armies for tourns in 7th, making them the best i could at 2250 points, now with the new ed, i have to rebuild most of them to make them viable under new rule set, 25 percent core :(

Plan is to own 3000 points of each army :D

kyussinchains
11-08-2010, 20:18
I was a bit like that myself, I suffered with new army syndrome quite a lot, at its peak, my collection was around 8k of chaos, 2k beastmen, 2k daemons, 8k dark elves, 3k ogres, 2.5k skaven, it took me a long while to keep adding to my armies, but it eventually started paying off when they got to game size....

eventually though I decided to cut back, sold all of my chaos army except my original 4k 4th edition models, all of my daemons and I'm currently selling off my beasts too, finding it quite liberating actually.....

one of my opponents could never stick with an army, I think his collection at one point encompassed a treeman, skarlock's wood elf archers, a few chaos dwarfs, a skaven doomwheel and a few of the characters, as well as a whopping 10 clanrats..... one xmas though after being out of the hobby for a few years, he was reading my 6th edition hordes of chaos book, next time we saw him, his bank balance was about a grand worse off, and he had about 10k of chaos..... he also now has a reasonable dwarf army, vampires and bretonnians...