PDA

View Full Version : Random Musings......

jasdc1
10-08-2010, 23:02
While surfing the web a thought crossed my mind. With the expansions that GW is publishing, is this the best edition yet? I ask cause back in 3rd edition, they had regular rules update, either official or experimental, that were published in WD and even separately in chapter approved compilations. What do you guys all think? Personally I feel if they kept up with the chapter approved articles it would be an awesome boon to the game overall.

insectum7
10-08-2010, 23:16
I do think this is the best edition yet. I liked the move towards abstraction in 3rd, and I liked how 4th evolved some of the problems of third away. 5th seemed like the next step in that evolution, and I much prefer the new styles of Codex over the earlier ones, even if I don't like some of the particular codexes themselves. But despite some codex complaints, I think the rule set is great.

I miss the Chapter Approved, but WD is so expensive now that I don't think it's really fair to expect people to have all the updates like they used to. They should just publish updates online or in a simple newsletter or something. They certainly ought to keep the armies and FAQ more up to date then they have tended to do in the past.