additional Hand Weapon

5X Shades
additional Hand Weapon

5X Shades
additional Hand Weapon

Chariot

Chariot

Total: 2,250

Now i know all the hype about the lvl 4 but i really don't like it in my opinion because most of the dice will be used up by two spells alone and the DP gives me the three wounds so all I lose out on is +2 to cast or dispel which I honestly don't think is worth the extra point cost.

the sorceress is there to help me pop armor.

my general is pretty cheap but still gives me the ld 9 bubble and if against soft troops (which is what i will be aiming at) he can easily get to a 2 in one turn given decent rolls.

the CoB is there because i have so many troops on the field the KB will be sweet

the warriors, crossbowmen, and chariots will form two self sustaining groups to hold down chunks of the board.

the corsairs will usually be getting the benefit of the CoB and it will follow them around. 30 attacks should get a couple of 6's in case some one wants to crash the party.

3 units of 5 shades should take down most of my enemies war machines.

now the lovely assassin, yes he isn't as good as before but he will fulfill his name sake. hey he is 171 points but that is less than the cost of most wizards and in 8th it is imperative that the lvl 4 and/or the BSB go down. I feel that he can do this. Anyway i want to try him out as i have a great model painted up but if he doesn't work out I can get 5 knights with the flaming banner and change one shade unit for DR. (to deal with the percentages)

Overall it might not be the most competitive list but i have most of the models for it and i think it is absolutely fluffy =) three helldrakes storming the coast a pirate captain and some nobles the follow him into battle with their armies the land is all scouted out in preparation for the attack. the CoB is justified because all my models have red and bone paint schemes so they are khainite at heart =)

Also no hydras as my gaming group is mostly Dwarfs and WoC and they both have easy access to flaming attacks.

LanceSaba
11-08-2010, 15:28
If you all hate my assassin so much =( i can switch him out for a unit of COK with just the Ld banner, and giving my master his cloak back. i could give them the flaming banner but i prefer to keep it an all comers.

meneroth
11-08-2010, 15:47
I dont understand the purpose of the shade units. if your looking to kill warmachines i would use harpies instead, cheaper and faster. shades just arn't worth the point cost any more unless you've got some real specific job for them to fufil (like hiding an assassin).

Personally, i think the lvl 4 is mandatory in todays warhammer, but if your opponents arnt huge magic guys then yea, its not worth the extra points. just dont play some lizardmen player without one or it'll hurt.

It might be worth considering losing the lvl 2 or the master, or cheapining both to try and fit in another cauldron. that much infantry on the field is gonna need the support, plus the only thing better than one cauldron is two cauldrons :)

LanceSaba
11-08-2010, 16:00
Like I said i don't feel that the lvl 4 is as mandatory as people feel him/her to be.

Actually, I feel differently about the shades yea they are 30 points more but they are far more effective in combat and get the added benefit of range attacks. also they can charge war machines turn 1 vary reliably as it would take 2 for the harpies to get there.

I agree slaans will hurt badly but then again they hurt everyone (they are the best casters in the game after all)

Another cauldron could be vary sweet but then I have no magic at all (i need lore of metal) so that is out and I kinda like my general he isn't the best but he is cute and cheap.

Your comment is much appreciated though (and you were the first) and I will think about what you have said.

LanceSaba
12-08-2010, 04:17
first and only bump.

Is there anything else someone could add? As i am starting to put it all together this weekend.