PDA

View Full Version : ex deathwatch

sartarius
11-08-2010, 10:07
hey guys, im currently building my crimson fists and i wanted to make one of my seargants ex deathwatch so i was wondering which arm would the deathwatch shoulderpad go onto...
thanks

narrativium
11-08-2010, 10:36
I'm pretty sure a Marine always displays his Chapter symbol no matter what. When he joins the Deathwatch everything else is repainted in Deathwatch colours, when he returns the company markings on his other shoulder pad would remain replaced by Deathwatch markings.

AndrewGPaul
11-08-2010, 10:55
I'm pretty sure a Marine always displays his Chapter symbol no matter what.

Unless they're members of the Blood Angels 1st company; not one of the Space Hulk terminator models has the Blood Angels badge on his armour; the right shoulder pauldron has their own personal heraldry. Do what you think looks best.

jlmb_123
11-08-2010, 10:58
I'm pretty sure the example on the plastic Space Marine Commander box has his Deathwatch shoulderpad on his left, and, as when a marine is a Deathwatch member, has his Chapter markings on the right.

I'm sure this confusion could have been avoided if the Atremis model had been sculpted the other way around ...

Lord Zarkov
11-08-2010, 19:35
Deathwatch Shoulder Pad goes on the left and when in deathwatch colours that arm would be silver.

Collinsas
11-08-2010, 19:41
The arm is still painted silver after his service. Look at there lexicanum artical here http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Deathwatch

AndrewGPaul
11-08-2010, 21:35
I don't see anything in that article which details what a Marine does after his secondment ends.

Mage
12-08-2010, 00:47
Do whatever you like. I'm sure there are different rules for each chapter, and a captain can more or less look whatever he wants to with heraldry and customisation.

I don't think there is a wrong way to do it to be honest. There is simply not enough information on it out there to do it 'the right way'.

Collinsas
12-08-2010, 03:16
I second the above, that's true at least until fantasy flight drops deathwatch into our laps.