PDA

View Full Version : Dark Heresy Novels

The Song of Spears
11-08-2010, 16:35
So... Will there be any other Dark Heresy novels such as Scourge the Heretic or Innocence Proves Nothing? Perhaps a third in the series to fishing the plot?

Anyone know how to contact Sandy Mitchell (Alex Stewart) and ask if he is interested in doing more?

AndrewGPaul
11-08-2010, 21:41
Patience. He's not long after writing another Ciaphas Cain novel, and there was quite a wait between Scourge the Heretic and Innocence Proves Nothing. I'm sure part three will be along in the fullness of time.

blongbling
12-08-2010, 08:08
lol, the other thing is that you ringing up Alex and asking him isn't going to get him to write a novel, he needs to be commissioned to do it.

RobC
12-08-2010, 14:16
I had a brief chat with Alex at the last BL Live event, and he said there would be a third DH novel at some point.

Killgore
12-08-2010, 16:09
Is this series any good?

Socaddict
13-08-2010, 13:02
Depends on your point of view. If you like the facts and figures of the Horus Heresy being spoon-fed and not neccessarily how you would like to think it then you will enjoy them. If you prefer the idea of the Heresy being more like a myth or legend then probably not so much. Not to mention there is a lot of authors that seem to be taking stories and feeling they have to 'put their mark upon them' as it were, which leads to devices and plot arcs that people will agree/disagree on.

What I really don't like about them is how this then makes everything said in them 'concrete fact' :rolleyes: on the Horus Heresy enough for fanboys to have a rage-fit about in 40k Background discussion.

The dark heresy novels have nothing to do with the Horus Heresy. They're set in current time 40k, and are about a number of inquisitorial henchmen and a couple of inquisitors.

ashc
13-08-2010, 13:19
Ah, epic brainfart; thought we where talking about Horus Heresy novels again!

The Song of Spears
06-10-2010, 20:41
So sorry I missed your posts guys. Thanks for replies (belatedly)

I am happy to hear rumors that Alex (or someone) will be doing a third Dark Heresy novel.

Is there any way to keep abrest of these rumors or other non-space marine fiction coming out?

I mean they only finished the last Necromunda book in 07' so maybe they will get back to those as well (hopes!!!)

Baggers
08-10-2010, 17:28
I mean they only finished the last Necromunda book in 07' so maybe they will get back to those as well (hopes!!!)

The Necromunda range is dead. It did not sell very well, even though they were enjoyable.

t-tauri
09-10-2010, 20:56
Moved to Black Library.

Damien 1427
10-10-2010, 10:43
Is this series any good?

I can only speak for the first one, and I didn't think much of it. It just didn't come together for me. Word of warning, don't go in expecting anything like Ciaphas Cain, it's an entirely different beast.

boogle
10-10-2010, 23:33
I enjoyed the 1st 2, they aren't Ravenor or eisenhorn for sure, but they do have characters that you can like and cling onto.

It's a shame the Necromunda books didn't sell well enough to continue, i really enjoyed them.