PDA

View Full Version : Two HE Q's RE White Lions vs Lore of Metal, Teclis vs Hellcannon Misfire

GenerationTerrorist
11-08-2010, 16:51
Hi guys. Wondering if anyone could advise me on these two small High Elf related questions/conunderums....

Firstly, regarding White Lions. If they are the target of a spell from the Lore of Metal, do they use only their base armour (5+) or their entire save from shooting/ranged attacks (3+)?

Secondly, regarding Teclis. As we all know, Teclis ignores the first miscast each turn (not Phase) - If a Hellcannon misfires and causes all wizards/mages to miscast, does Teclis ignore this result if he has not miscast in the preceeding Magic Phase?

I'd be appreciative of any answers/advise.

Please note, I have not tried Teclis in my HE's and am pretty unlikely ever to do so. I did, however, face him with my WoC last weekend....He is a very nasty pointy eared fellow in 8th Edition :-(

Cheers,
GT

Milgram
11-08-2010, 19:36
turn usually refers to 'player turn'. thus teclis is safe again when it is his turn. if he is allied with WoC and suffers a loss of control in the magic phase, the missfire result from the hell cannon.

sorberec
11-08-2010, 21:33
Hi guys. Wondering if anyone could advise me on these two small High Elf related questions/conunderums....

Firstly, regarding White Lions. If they are the target of a spell from the Lore of Metal, do they use only their base armour (5+) or their entire save from shooting/ranged attacks (3+)?

The lion cloak only provides an armour save bonus against shooting attacks.

Paraelix
11-08-2010, 22:25
The lion cloak only provides an armour save bonus against shooting attacks.

But so does a shield when you are equipped with a two-handed weapon... But I'd be making my opponent use the shield...

theunwantedbeing
11-08-2010, 23:32
But so does a shield when you are equipped with a two-handed weapon... But I'd be making my opponent use the shield...

Sheilds work vs magic, lion cloaks dont.
As per the HE FAQ.

Unlike Dark elf Sea Dragon Cloaks that provide a bonus save against shooting and magic.

turn usually refers to 'player turn'. thus teclis is safe again when it is his turn. if he is allied with WoC and suffers a loss of control in the magic phase, the missfire result from the hell cannon.

You'll need 2 hellcannons to catch Teclis out it seems.

sulla
12-08-2010, 01:20
Unlike Dark elf Sea Dragon Cloaks that provide a bonus save against shooting and magic.Indeed, sea dragon cloaks give +1 in combat and +2 vs any other attacks. Quite a nice coverall phrase.

You'll need 2 hellcannons to catch Teclis out it seems.Sadly, 2 hellcannons are the answer to so much these days. :(

GenerationTerrorist
12-08-2010, 10:06
Thanks guys, much appreciated :-)