PDA

View Full Version : tau wargear help

powpow1001
11-08-2010, 22:42
i just started tau and bought a fire warrior box, i wanted to have 11 normal troops and a shas'ui with pulse rifle and marker light, but once i had started glueing i realised i dont actually know what the marker light looks like... or any of the wargear upgrades for that matter. is it possible someone could post pictures and say which wargear it is, or even just describe what the markerlight looks like atleast. and are hardwired upgrades non-visible?

TinRobot
11-08-2010, 23:04
Quick answer, anything that says hardwired is built in to the piece it says, so if the markerlight is hardwired it wouldnt look any different. Most of the upgrades are featured in the painting section of the codex and there are some guides for home built wargear floating around here.

hope it helps.

Sebavin
11-08-2010, 23:06
Well there is no said markerlight in the box, but I assumed that the thingy that is shaped like this "O<" that is held in a fire warriors hand would be a type of markerlight.

powpow1001
11-08-2010, 23:28
yeah im hoping the O< one is the markerlight but at the same time since it looks like antennas im worried its a drone controller >< what is the little circle thing they hold in thier right hand then?

edit: it doesnt say the markerlight is hard-wired either, would it still be ok to take one from a crisis suit and stick that on?

Culven
11-08-2010, 23:41
Fire Warrior boxes don't include a Markerlight. The O< is just a scanner or I suppose you could call it a Drone Controller; though, you don't need one since it would be Hardwired. The other round thing, which looks like a flying saucer, is an EMP Grenade.

For my Fire Warrior Markerlights, I took extra Drone antennae, cut off the agled bit where it would attache to the drone and filed the two cylinders at the other end to the same length. I then glued them to the barrel of the Pulse Rifle with the cylinders facing the enemy. When I painted them, I just painted the tips of the cylinders to look like they were emitting a light.

The Orange
12-08-2010, 02:38
There is no marklight bit to be found in any of the sets other then those on pathfinders, the Skyray Kit, and the Marklight drones (which come with the plastic stealth suits, but look completely different). So your best off just trying to convert something yourself. I personally combined the pulse rifle and pulse carbine to make may Marklight wielding leaders.

Shamutanti
12-08-2010, 02:45
I honestly just put the cool looking equipment on my suits and warriors and just inform my opponent at the start of the game what everything is (or hand them my army list).