PDA

View Full Version : Which banner image for my Adepta Sororitas

Necron2.0
12-08-2010, 04:00
I'm getting ready to create a Sisters of Battle army. I'm creating my own unique order, which I'm calling "The Order of the Divine Emperor's Fury," or simply "the Furies." My plan is to use them as allies (at least until the new Codex comes out) with a Black Templar army I'm also putting together. I'm envisioning them as crusader like - slightly unstable, somewhat on the fringe, considered somewhat rogue, perhaps fleet based, but entirely fanatical (even more so than usual) in their devotion to the Emperor and the ruthless extermination of everything he opposes.

I've come up with three ideas for the order's symbol. I'm having difficulty deciding which I prefer, so I'm opening it up for general comment. Which would you pick?

starlight
12-08-2010, 04:18
Second image with the flames from the third one... :)

So sue me, I'm traditional... :p

mrln68
12-08-2010, 04:27
I guess that would depend a lot on the colors you choose for the army. I normally choose those before I start working on other imagery.

Out of the three though, I could see Sisters with a purple primary color - but yellow just seems odd. As starlight says - black is kind of traditional for them...

I would probably go ahead and do up a test figure or one of those color drawing things (can't seem to recall where, but I have seen them around some place). See what colors you like for the whole figure and then go with the banner that works best with that.

starlight
12-08-2010, 04:50
You mean this (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php)...? ;)

mrln68
12-08-2010, 04:54
That'll work =p

Merus
12-08-2010, 08:49
I voted for the purple one as well, even if it looks like an Ed Hardy design.

AndrewGPaul
12-08-2010, 10:28
I'd go with the first one, personally. Possibly the third

If the colours on the banner are a reverse of the armour (i.e. black armour with yellow or purple robes), they'll stand out from the Blck Templars better.

gwarsh41
12-08-2010, 13:59
I went with purple for two reasons.. well 3. Dark purple is my favorite color, light purple is my GFs favorite color (so purple is awesome) and because it looks SWEET!
Maybe its because it is different from the usual grimdark, but I really like the 3rd one. I agree with the above post about armor colors.

Eldoriath
12-08-2010, 14:30
Doh, accidentially voted yellow. I like the purple most, but I think it could be a little too sexistic and thus I also think that the yellow is nice and a good alternative.

Dach
12-08-2010, 14:56
same as starlight, 2nd with flame color from the 3rd.

Necron2.0
12-08-2010, 16:33
You mean this (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php)...? ;)

OOOOooooh!!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I was wondering what everyone was using to come up with uniform color schemes.

rodmillard
12-08-2010, 23:12
I voted yellow, but then I'm biased ;) My SOB order are done in yellow armour with white trim and blue robes (it actually started out with an experiment in NMM gold on my canoness that went wrong, but I quite liked the final effect, even if they do get called Imperial-Fists-In-Drag)

Angelwing
13-08-2010, 03:12
Black background one. I'd remove the flames too.

Necron2.0
13-08-2010, 16:10
Thanks for everybody's responses/votes. Based on the current results, I've come up with this as my Sisters color scheme (see attached).

OT (sort of): Starlight, love your sig, vis-a-vis redheads. Been there, done that, got the restraining order. :) It's somewhat ironic because I'm planning to paint the majority of my Furies as redheads.

LonelyPath
13-08-2010, 17:25
Second image with the flames from the third one... :)

So sue me, I'm traditional... :p

What this says

ctsteel
13-08-2010, 22:33
Flames that burn unnatural colours are surely the doing of witches and warp-spawn, such abominations are not looked upon kindly by sisters or black templars. Raising that banner with its warp-influenced imagery might cause suspicion of taint amongst your order... :shifty: :p

Necron2.0
13-08-2010, 23:14
Flames that burn unnatural colours are surely the doing of witches and warp-spawn, such abominations are not looked upon kindly by sisters or black templars. Raising that banner with its warp-influenced imagery might cause suspicion of taint amongst your order... :shifty: :p

YOU WOULD CAST DOUBT ON OUR LOYALTY??!!! YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY AN AGENT OF USURPER WARP-SPAWNED FILTH!!!! BURN HERETIC!!!!!

<*ahem*>

One could imagine that Holy Promethium, which supposedly burns hotter than normal Promethium, would burn blue (cyan, actually) instead of yellow. Of course, the hottest flames would burn pure white.

starlight
14-08-2010, 01:43
OOOOooooh!!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I was wondering what everyone was using to come up with uniform color schemes.

I accept payment in hawtie redheads... :shifty: ...one will do... :shifty:

OT (sort of): Starlight, love your sig, vis-a-vis redheads. Been there, done that, got the restraining order. :) It's somewhat ironic because I'm planning to paint the majority of my Furies as redheads.

The best lessons are the ones learned first hand... ;) :angel:

Necron2.0
17-08-2010, 17:32
Minor update to SOB color scheme concept. I'm planning to paint up a "test subject" in the relatively near future. Naturally, I'll post an image for public beratement.

Oh, and my Sisters I'm envisioning as a sub-order of the Valorious Hearts.