PDA

View Full Version : No more enemies and reforming/overrunning

Sparowl
12-08-2010, 07:42
So, had a situation today come up, needed an opinion from other people.

A unit of Saurus warriors were engaged to the front by Phoenix Guard and a Lion chariot. A unit of Temple Guard charge into the flank of the Lion Chariot. During the combat phase, the Temple Guard kill the chariot, which points them out of combat.

So, what happens to the Temple Guard? Can they reform as though they destroyed the enemy? Can they overrun into the Phoenix guard? And if so, when?

The question of when is important, due to the fact hat since the Temple Guard no longer added flank/rank/charging bonus to the combat (something that irritated me to no end, and still does), the Saurus lost combat and ran (had the temple guard gotten to add rank/flank/charge, the saurus would've won). So does the Temple Guard move after the Phoenix guard pursue? Before, locking them in place? Can they do anything at all?

Yrrdead
12-08-2010, 07:52
They are out of combat. Any wounds they did count towards the PG & Saurus combat. But only wounds, no charge bonus, ranks, std, etc.

I agree though I've had it happen to me also with a chariot and I don't like it one bit. It seems really silly. Hopefully someone will pop in here and show us something we've missed.

And this might be better off in the Rules forum.

Avian
12-08-2010, 08:54
So, what happens to the Temple Guard? Can they reform as though they destroyed the enemy? Can they overrun into the Phoenix guard? And if so, when?
They can overrun as they killed all their enemies, or they can choose to reform instead.

Sparowl
12-08-2010, 11:22
They can overrun as they killed all their enemies, or they can choose to reform instead.

So, does that happen at the end of the combat they were involved in? As soon as they kill their enemy and are suddenly considered no longer in combat?

shelfunit.
12-08-2010, 13:33
Looks like this might be covered under the "no more foes" section on pg 61.

Avian
12-08-2010, 15:10
So, does that happen at the end of the combat they were involved in? As soon as they kill their enemy and are suddenly considered no longer in combat?
The sequence for combats is on page 46. Overrunning happens in step 4, not step 1. ;)