PDA

View Full Version : Characters as Crew - What does your Army Have?

smithers
12-08-2010, 11:08
Over at Bugmans we had a little debate about the rules for the Anvil of Doom and what defensive benefits the Anvil gets from runes that the RuneLord crewing it might be wearing.

Both my armies have units affected by similar rules in their FAQs.

Would you please help me expand this list of War Machines that can be crewed by characters? I'd like to read their rules and become familiar with this area since it seems there is a wide range of interpretations for the current rules.

Characters-as-Crew UPDATED

Tomb Kings: Casket of Souls w' Liche Priest or High Liche Priest (see FAQ for rules)
Dwarfs: Anvil of Doom w' RuneLord (see FAQ for rules)
Dark Elves: Cauldron of Blood w' Hag (see FAQ for rules)
?
?

Other types (not WM & crew, so no issues here)

Skaven: Plague Furnace (this is a mount)
Skaven: Screaming Bell w' Grey Seer (this is a mount)

Thanks!

P.S.
If you can share any info about what defensive gear may be commonly used by the crewing character that would be appreciated. I'm also curious about how your gaming group is treating the related rules, but I'm not trying to start a debate since we just had one. (My position in the debate yesterday was that only straight armor save and ward save values are applied to the anvil. Anything else like re-rolls or immunities would not transfer. )

TheTrueSloth
12-08-2010, 11:14
Grey Seer on the Screaming bell? Or the plague monk chappy on "the plague wagon" (I can't remember the name - is it a plague furnace)?

With the tomb kings, I always used to take the Collar of Shapesh on the priest, but that was more because at the time (when I was still playing with TK), my opponent would keep trying to angle a cannonball or something similar at it to take it out ASAP and hope to hit the priest manning it, so the Collar diverted the wound onto the Tomb Guard, who could later be replenished.

Don't know if they FAQ'ed that you can't do this anymore or not (that was about five months after TK came out in 7th), but that's what I used to take.

Toodles

Symrivven
12-08-2010, 11:37
Dark Elves -> Hag with cauldron of blood, one big mess.

Edit: She can take gifts of khaine how this effects the couldron is not explained how her high ws affects the couldron isn't explained either.

smithers
12-08-2010, 12:14
Thanks guys; please keep them coming!

TheTrueSloth: I also play TombKings and it appears to me that the old common combo of casket and collar no longer works since the crewing liche will never actually take a wound in the new rules. This is the kind of thing that I think a lot of people are overlooking if they don't read the WM rules carefully enough and why I wanted to compile the list.

TheTrueSloth
12-08-2010, 13:20
Thanks guys; please keep them coming!

TheTrueSloth: I also play TombKings and it appears to me that the old common combo of casket and collar no longer works since the crewing liche will never actually take a wound in the new rules. This is the kind of thing that I think a lot of people are overlooking if they don't read the WM rules carefully enough and why I wanted to compile the list.

Oh really? Aww, that sucks. I have to confess I slightly glossed over the WM rules with this book as they just aren't relevant to me - time to go back and have another nosey methinks :)

toodles