PDA

View Full Version : Lets start Highelfs

Leogun_91
12-08-2010, 11:00
Thinking about how sweet the models in Island of blood are and that I might get a job soon I made a list using them. For me to feel any satisfaction with the lothern seaguard unitsize three boxes would be needed.

Lord

Prince Generion Sharpstick
Griffon, lance, Vambraces of Defence, Armour of Caledor, Potion of Foolhardiness- 441pts, He's not cheap but Im gonna use as many of the models they give me as I can.

Hero

Hobono the Spoilt brat who will soon require a diamond chariot drawn by six Stardragons.
Level 2, Seerstaff- 165pts, I couldn't afford to make him level 2 before, now he got it, and a fancy staff I didn't even want.

Core

29 Lothern Seaguard
Command, Shields, Banner of Eternal Flame- 412pts, they cost alot but that's not too bad, it's a fairly solid unit.

10 Archers
110pts, they don't get armour or fancy banners, they are there to fill my core allowance.

Special

14 Swordsmaster
Command, Banner of Swiftness - 255pts, High movement at least.

14 Swordsmasters
Command, Razor Standard, Talisman of Loec for a suicide champion- 295pts, they are a fairly good unit.

15 Ellyrian Reavers
Bows and Harbringer- 322pts, they do what fast cav should do, run around, shoot things and occasionally flankcharge to disrupt.

----------------------
Well this could possibly work right? And in 4k I can use all my griffons.

Now it has been edited after requests, again.

Bloody Nunchucks
12-08-2010, 18:58
i would use a level 2, as you already are really low on magic for HE. also i would use a seerstaff so you can choose the spells you need, i.e buffs and damage. i would take give the seaguard the banner that makes all their shots/attaks flaming as that will work really great.

Bloody Nunchucks
12-08-2010, 19:00
as for armour on your lord i would give him armour of caledor then the thing that gives him a 4+ ward save and reroll all failed armour saves. unless destiney is better i didnt look it up and dont remember it

Leogun_91
12-08-2010, 19:05
i would use a level 2, as you already are really low on magic for HE. also i would use a seerstaff so you can choose the spells you need, i.e buffs and damage. i would take give the seaguard the banner that makes all their shots/attaks flaming as that will work really great. Changing to the fire banner saves up 5 pts and removing a seaguard should open up enough pts for making the mage lv2...but then he has no items.

as for armour on your lord i would give him armour of caledor then the thing that gives him a 4+ ward save and reroll all failed armour saves. unless destiney is better i didnt look it up and dont remember it
It's cheaper, it gives a 4+ wardsave and counts as heavy armour. The other is more survivable but then something else loses something (defenitively the Swordmaster champion wearing the Armour of Caledor).

Edit: I have changed the base list to incorporate these changes as good as I can, the seerstaff was to costly though.

puckus10
12-08-2010, 22:03
Definitly give you mage a seerstaff. Also, i would recomend using Shadow on him so you can make enemy units that would normally kill your fragile little seaguard into mincemeat. If you use shadow and the seerstaff i would take mystifying miasma and the one that weakens strength.

Leogun_91
12-08-2010, 22:05
Definitly give you mage a seerstaff. Also, i would recomend using Shadow on him so you can make enemy units that would normally kill your fragile little seaguard into mincemeat. If you use shadow and the seerstaff i would take mystifying miasma and the one that weakens strength.But that staff costs me another 3 seaguards....that unit quickly shrinks if I continue to buy stuff to my characters.

puckus10
12-08-2010, 22:11
you could change or get rid of the banner of sorcery. This isnt really necessary since you only have one level 2. Also if you do take take Shadow most spells are prety cheap. and i would split up the Reavers.

Leogun_91
13-08-2010, 06:34
you could change or get rid of the banner of sorcery. This isnt really necessary since you only have one level 2. Also if you do take take Shadow most spells are prety cheap. and i would split up the Reavers.If I split the reavers I can't disrupt, I'll change the banner though.