PDA

View Full Version : Angels of the Emprah

Throtling
12-08-2010, 11:52
Recently, I've heard that there is an angel in a 40k related book.
Is that true?
I think they would be a good new unit in the inq. codex, as the Emperor's creatures whom manifest themselves from the warp only with the reason to help those who loyal to Him and to destroy everything chaos- or alien-related.

Godzooky
12-08-2010, 11:54
Recently, I've heard that there is an angel in a 40k related book.
Is that true?
I think they would be a good new unit in the inq. codex, as the Emperor's creatures whom manifest themselves from the warp only with the reason to help those who loyal to Him and to destroy everything chaos- or alien-related.

The Sanguinor, Celestine, Legion of the Damned.

They're already here, man. :)

spurker
12-08-2010, 11:56
Not to mention dark angels, blood angels &c

Brother Loki
12-08-2010, 15:01
There are a number of instances of possible angelic manifestations in the Gaunts Ghosts series. Mad Larkin sees one (in the Guns of Tanith I think) - but then he's mad. Gaunt himself encounters an aged Adepta Sororita who turns out to have died several centuries previously (in Straight Silver I think). They tend to take the role of inspiring the characters, reinforcing their faith in the Emperor and giving them the will to do his work, rather than directly fighting, with the exception of the Living Saint in Sabbat Martyr.

Lord Damocles
12-08-2010, 15:23
APPARITION
The galaxy of the 41st millenium is one in which superstition holds sway. The masses of humanity worship an array of saints and martyrs, and their faith in the God-Emperor is often the only factor the populations of any two worlds have in common. At times of great portent, many have sworn to have witnessed the saints and martyrs returned to life to fight at the side of the living, lending their power once more to the eternal war against darkness.
'Kill Team Nemesis' in White Dwarf 310, pg.69

831.M33 THE YEAR OF GHOSTS
The honourd dead rise up to defeat the terrors of the warp.
Rulebook (5th ed.), pg.124