PDA

View Full Version : daemon assult

mattatta
12-08-2010, 20:10
Ok guys so you madt posts, but heres a new "challange".
So heres the scene your playing my daemon army and in my 1st wave 2 swarms of 7 nurglings and a nurgle daemon prince deepstrike into the middle of your army. You know that more are on the way and these are going to hurt you but who do you shoot/assult if you really want too?
So theres the question and coming soon: my daemon prince i progress and painted ( will be posted from tommorrow onwards) :)

druchii
12-08-2010, 20:31
Ok guys so you madt posts, but heres a new "challange".
So heres the scene your playing my daemon army and in my 1st wave 2 swarms of 7 nurglings and a nurgle daemon prince deepstrike into the middle of your army. You know that more are on the way and these are going to hurt you but who do you shoot/assult if you really want too?
So theres the question and coming soon: my daemon prince i progress and painted :)

Easily I'll shoot the demon prince to death.

He's the only one that's really scary on the board at the moment, and if you've only got three units on the table, then you've only got two, three or four left in reserve (seven units total, which isn't all that much).

It also depends on what else you've got coming in, but without a high Tally count, and Epidemius in the list the nurglings just aren't scary.

d

mattatta
12-08-2010, 20:56
Ok then just too spice it up, second wave is 20 blood letters, skull taker, 9 daemonettes, the masque and a greater daemon of change.Also in the first wave are 6 bloodletters and 3 flamers. Oh and im not making this up, this is how my army list is :)

jsullivanlaw
12-08-2010, 21:03
The trick is to shoot the MCs and non nurgle daemons first as they arent that hard to kill. Run away from anything slow and shoot the fast stuff.

mrln68
12-08-2010, 21:15
Yah...

It depends a lot on which army I would be playing against them. With my big DH army - I would likely just kill the DP right away and likely do a fair amount of damage to the rest of them. 4 Inqs with Mystics and 7 Landraiders make for some nasty shooting on Deep Striking mobs. Granted that is only if I have the points wiggle room for all that fun.

My Eldar would likely just run circles around the board till all the daemons were dead. Guard too, to some extent. My marine army is a bit less mobile, so they would take out the DP from range and get stuck in with the trash.

Might be just me, but I tend to prefer to split my daemons into more or less equal waves. That first wave would likely not survive a round, and do relatively little damage. When the second wave does show up - they are outnumbered again and will likely get shot up just as the first one did. By splitting things more evenly, you have a better chance of getting the second wave while your opponent is still occupied. That doesn't even take into account that each wave needs to contain the same number of models (more or less).

druchii
12-08-2010, 22:00
Ok then just too spice it up, second wave is 20 blood letters, skull taker, 9 daemonettes, the masque and a greater daemon of change.Also in the first wave are 6 bloodletters and 3 flamers. Oh and im not making this up, this is how my army list is :)

Well I guess this is the problem.

The waves aren't coming in proper allocations.

See, you've got the first wave comprised of things that allow your opponent to pick and choose what shoots where. Big guy? Heavy weapons and plasma. Small guys? Rapid fire.

What you want to do is make it so that each wave is pretty exclusively one, or the other, so you attempt to invalidate part of what your opponent is shooting at you.

Like your first wave should be: Flamers, Lord of Change, Demon Prince and Bloodcrushers. That way, you've got all your alpha strike stuff in the first wave(LoC/flamers) to reduce incoming hurting, and tough stuff that helps make things like bolters and shuriken cannons less useful.

Next wave should have your bloodletters, demonettes, the masque and possibly ST. That way even if your waves get flipped, you're still only presenting targets which are succeptable to rapidfire weapons (yeah shoot your lascannon at a demonette!).

Although I'd drop the masque and ST. ST isn't worth his points, I'd rather have more bloodcrushers. And the fact that Masque can't join units means she's an easy KP/round of rapid fire away from being useless. And pavane isn't THAT nasty...although I'm curious as to why you have flamers and masque in opposite waves...

d