rare

3 flamers - 120
pyrocaster

8%

total 1480

as i said this is probably a rubbish list so any help is welcome

LordoftheBrassThrone
02-09-2010, 11:03
hmmm the only solid unit in this list is the bloodletters, and theyre not at their full potential, take a HoK instead of the flames of tzeentch herald. the bloodletters atm are going to get tarpitted, outflanked, mass charged and die horribly.
the daemon prince is a waste of points, theyre almost worse than useless, just easy VPs fro you opponent, and tbh its almost better to not have him and have 350 points less than your opponent, just to deny him those VPs.
Some people like flamers, but personally i think theyre too easily dealt with. Is you got rid of the daemon prince and flamers, you could get even a naked HoK for your bloodletters to make them much nastier (pus hes a mean fighter too), and a large unit of bloodcrushers... so so nasty in my experience, especially if you use the HoT lore of life to keep restoring them. Another core unit would help as well, i think theres not enough models in your list.

PeG
02-09-2010, 12:51
first this is in the wrong forum.

I am one of those that happens to like flamers for several reasons, they are the only shooting we have, they are rather efficient for their cost as a shooting unit and they are also relatively good in combat. Rather then removing them I would add a couple of more ones or another unit.

The DP isnt worth his points but the new model is rather nice. Dont expect him to be very competitive.

Large infantry units should have a herald. Horrors are the only possible exception which would mean that you need to drop a tzeentch herald if you want to keep a big letter block.

Flesh hounds are good but dont run them into the front of a large infantry block and expect them to come out alive. Use them to hunt war machines, lonely wizards, small units etc. If you take crushers you can probably drop the hounds.

When I run only one caster I use MoS with lore of life + spell breaking gift although there are other nice options such getting an extra PD etc

LordoftheBrassThrone
03-09-2010, 09:08
sorry, but you're suggesting he takes more flamers and some bloodcrushers? another unit of flamers brings his rare up to 240pts, and he only has 375 to spend. giving him 1 bloodcrusher. But with karanak, flesh hounds can also take on moderate heavy cavalry (destroyed a unit of DE cold ones in a single round the other day :D).

PeG
03-09-2010, 14:09
Nope, I said I would bring hounds but added that if he decides to bring crushers as the previous poster suggested I would leave out the hounds. Obviously he would have to drop the flamers as well in that scenario.

But again I really like my flamers and if I play a competitive game I would bring as many as possible which at the point levels I play means no crushers ( I have been able to get in a couple of fiends a few times).

LordoftheBrassThrone
05-09-2010, 09:02
I agree that there are cases where flamers would be better than crushers. However, looking at the rest of his list the only solid unit he really has is the bloodletters. he already has 2 heralds and a magic using daemon prince, so i dont think he needs more ranged support. another solid block of fighters is what he needs methinks

LordoftheBrassThrone
05-09-2010, 09:04
oh and @idontcare878, the icon of endless war would be great on your bloodletters to catch your opponent out on the charge. unfortunately only having 20pts spare, you need another 5 pts from somewhere. I think id drop the pyrocaster for the flamers.... and sorry if i seem flamer hating :p

idontcare878
05-09-2010, 20:53
thanks both of you for your help

how is this and how should i spend the rest of the pionts

Herald of Khorne , 190 pts
Battle Standard Bearer
1 Banner of Unholy Victory
1 Armour of Khorne

Bloodletters of Khorne (40#, 535 pts)
full command
Icon of Endless War

Daemonettes of Slaanesh (10#, 163 pts)