PDA

View Full Version : Whats in the noise marine box

Darth ryanus
13-08-2010, 22:52
As the title says what do you get in the noise marine box it does not say on the GW website. Mainly i want to know how many sonic weapons i get.

mrln68
13-08-2010, 23:00
Noise marines...

Don't have a sealed box in front of me - but I recall there being a bunch of heads, one of the accordion back packs, one or two of the big guns and a bunch of the little guns. Enough to give everyone in the box a sonic weapon of some form or another.

Vaktathi
13-08-2010, 23:05
1 Sonic Blaster

1 Blastmaster

I think like 1 or 2 special heads.

IIRC 10 CSM models

And I think that's it. It's a really poor box. Unless they changed it recently.

mrln68
13-08-2010, 23:35
Thought it was two sets of the EC weapons in the box. I know I have a crap load of left overs - and I don't think I ordered any of them directly from GW. Like I said though - I don't have a box in front of me where I could say for certain. Normally as soon as I get a box it gets popped open and ripped apart into my bitz boxes for when I get around to assembling them.

Col. Dash
14-08-2010, 04:44
One of each sonic weapon and some cool heads. Cool minis, just not a cheap way to get sonic weapons besides building them yourself :(

MOMUS
14-08-2010, 06:44
I got the noise marine box whe it first came out so unless its changed you get; 1xchampion head, 1xchampion torso, 1xchampion p.w arm, 2xnoise marine heads, 1xsonic blaster, 1x blastmaster and 2xdoom siren*. You also get the basic chaos marine sprue.

*I think i was lucky and usually it is only one doom siren.

Darth ryanus
16-08-2010, 10:36
So to make a whole squad i need to get the noise marine box and mail order the extra sonic weapons could be pricey.

DarkReaver
16-08-2010, 10:58
could be pricey.

Correction. Is pricey.

runab0ut
16-08-2010, 15:07
Are all of those marines in the box metal like the plague marines? Doom sirens are the the backpacks yes?

I'm looking at the box of the Noise Marines earlier and thought it ain't worth it (even when I'm a noob at 40k game proper) - I'd probably pickup a CSM box set, some plastic card and scratch build those blasters from bits/sprues and even do some GS'ing for those shoulderpads as well.

Bubble Ghost
16-08-2010, 16:34
Yeah, it's worth buying one box of Noise Marines for the unique parts, but just convert your own sonic weapons to fill the squad out. Not only is it cheaper, it's far more fun than using the nicely scuplted but boringly gun-like official efforts.